Weight training

SergioGITST's profile photo   08/01/2017 2:36 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I have been looking for a lot for the forum and I have not found any entry related to weight training.If there is any please redirect me to the link.

I wanted to open this post because after a summer in the "definition" stage in the gym I want to start a volume stage to increase the amount of muscle.For this I understand that it is necessary to be in a caloric surplus situation and for this you have to increase the amount of carbohydrates you eat (since proteins and fats should not increase them too much, they are already moderately high).
The question that I have is how many carbohydrates you eat those who train in the gym and how you distribute them throughout the day since, as I commented before, this summer my hydrates varied between 40g and 100g daily (4-10 rations),quite limited.
According to some calculations I have done to achieve that surplus, I should ingest about 380g of hydrates.When the variation is so much regarding what I usually eat, I don't know very well how to distribute them.

Another issue that wanted to comment is how to adjust the insulin doses at meals after training.I usually train in the afternoon and therefore the only one that affects me more directly is the novorapid at dinner (my current treatment is novorapid + lantus in the morning).The problem I have is that depending on whether I train legs (the hardest training in terms of energy consumption) or arms (the least demanding) the needs vary quite well and do not know very well how to adjust it.If you could give me any advice it would be great.

Thank you very much in advance and any information, however small it would be helpful.

Greetings to everyone!

SergioGITST's profile photo
SergioGITST
08/01/2017 2:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Are you talking about taking 38 rations from HC a day?you're sure?That in continuous not in a week of strong training?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/01/2017 3:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If that is, 38 rations/day.I currently take 2700kcal/day and I am gradually getting weight.The proteins I take are in 170g/ day and fats in about 150g/ day.To build muscle would need to eat about 3400-3700kcal per day continuously.

SergioGITST
08/01/2017 4:01 p.m.

It makes me funny your questions ... On the one hand for its content it seems that you have notions in complex things but curiously you do not know how to distribute carbohydrates and how to act with insulin before that rise in hydrates, when it is most elementary.What suggests the post ... is that you are looking for a personal nutritionist or sports advisor (something that exists, there is a lot of supply but also demands) but is paid.But we don't have to know much for + HC + rations + insulin units, now ... If you can afford morning and snacks without having to use insulin ... perfect.But on the contrary 38 rations of hydrates, divided by 7-8 shots in a proportion of rations of: 8-5-5-8-5-4-3, accounts into rapid insulin units and that without taking into account hydratesslow and fast absorption or high, moderate or low glycemic index.Keeping a diet of a non -diabetic bodybuilder requires much more training throughout the day, which only for a while in the afternoon.There will be those who advise or instruct you better, but to have the premise that each body is different and we are different and not everything works equally in all.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/01/2017 5:34 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

My intention was not a personalized advice.If that is what I have implied perhaps it has been my fault.I only intended that if someone has gone through a similar situation, I would give me a hand with some tips on whether it has been better to take the hydrates before or after weight training or some help that has served him.I repeat that my intention was only to receive advice, it does not help professional.

SergioGITST
08/01/2017 5:44 p.m.

I have a 2700kcal/day diet and exercise in gym, fitness, weights, etc ... I train 4 days per week and I am more fibrous than strong (1'87cm and 87kg), when I want to get stronger, whatI do it is to train much more and eat especially as a beast, that yes, if I am going to increase the carbohydrates considerably I do many more controls in case I need extra insulin.Everything depends as you want to put yourself in great, if it is something that needs a significant increase in kcal and food supplements, reconventing an expert nutritionist who knows the subject or failing that of your endocrine.And above all train and train hard.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
08/01/2017 9:18 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Thanks for the answer Raúl.Do you have an approximate idea of ​​how many hydrates you eat when you want to gain muscle or simply eat all you can?

SergioGITST
08/01/2017 10:08 p.m.

sergiogitst said:
thanks for the response Raúl.You have an approximate idea of ​​how many hydrates you eat when you want to gain muscle or simply eat all you can?
I do not have a measure, I am increasing according to the intensity of the training and the muscular group it exercises.When I make legs, which are the largest muscles, it is the more carbohydrates like.I do not go to sports nutritionists, that you see with the passage of time, unless you want to put yourself as a beast, which then I recommend that you consult experts, but if not the best nutritionist is yourself.When I seriously started training, I consulted with my endocrine the issue of protein shakes, I take low or null in carbohydrates and told me that without problem, but if I took more accessories that I consult him.If you are in the process of fattening, take them with carbohydrates, but do more glymatical controls.And the most important thing, trains hard and with constancy, if you are not constant training, the only thing you are going to get is to spend money at all.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
08/01/2017 10:59 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

There is rich supplementation in HC, with a percentage in these very low sugar HC.The HC is preferable to take them before training above all the slow absorption so that the reserves are loaded the rapid hydrates after training.Increase the dose of insulin you will have to do it yes or yes, that as little.I still think that one does not have to work in everyone and about the "help"? I don't know what to understand.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/02/2017 5:45 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I don't know if it will help you but I put it in case.I am reading this book: Diabetes and physical exercise of Colberg Sheri.
At the moment it looks very good.Start explaining how the body get energy, then it has a chapters for type 1 diabetes and another for type 2 and the following are for sports and as different people who practice them adapt their diet and medication.There is a weight chapter.
I have taken it in the public library but also sold online.
I have only read the first part where it talks about energy and metabolism and is very technical but many things are learned.Of course, being so technical is not a light reading, it is necessary to read it well concentrated.
The author is doctor and type 1 diabetics and does a lot of sport.

This is the review of the book:

Guide with detailed recommendations on the regulation of glycemia, medication and nutrition for patients with type 1 diabetes and type 2. Applicable to 86 different sports and physical activities;To practice them safely and better.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/04/2017 1 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.