Diabetes

isiena's profile photo   08/08/2017 4:36 p.m.

Hello everyone,
This same afternoon I was seeing the documentary What the Health on the impact of the food industry (especially meat and dairy) on health and diseases such as cancer or diabetes.In the middle of the documentary they talk about the "dietary recommendations" made by the American Diabetes Association and asked him why they did not warn of several studies that had directly related cow's milk as a cause of the destruction of the pancreas and diabetesType 1. How had you ever heard anything about this?I have immediately paused the documentary and I have set out searches for articles on this subject and to my surprise, I have found many who affirmed a possible direct relationship between cow's milk, their consumption in children and type 1 diabetes.
I would like to know if someone else is aware of these studies and could explain better to what they are dealing with, because I do not understand many of the specific terms that are used but the conclusions have been the same there is a possible relationship and that gives me a lot thatThink because they are not especially new studies that we say ...

PS: You can find the documentary in Latin Spanish in Netflix.
Link ;pid=S1561-29532009000200001
Link Script=sci_arttext

isiena's profile photo
isiena
08/08/2017 4:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I wonder ... Is there anything that is not related to diabetes ???

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/08/2017 5:25 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I had already read it more times, but if there is no genetic predisposition, nothing happens and, if any, it can appear for any other cause, such as viruses.
They are still non -conclusive studies.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2017 5:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I read it in the book "Healthy children, healthy adults of Xavi Cañellas and Jesús Sanchís".He said that giving cow's milk to children under 1 yearcow.
I do not know to what extent it will affect but I am not going to take a risk when I have a child and as a precaution I will not give you dairy until the year of life passes.Anyway, as @regina says, I suppose you have to have some genetic predisposition to affect you.
@"Isiena" about the documentary What the Health I have read in several blogs that I follow (of people who are up to date with scientific studies and know enough of nutrition) enough criticism for lack of rigor in many things he says.I have not seen it so I do not think but the cow's milk as a caution would not be given to young children if there is a history of type 1 diabetes in the family.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/08/2017 6:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.