Roche bomb

Juanmaroru's profile photo   08/10/2017 12:45 a.m.

Hello.On our last visit to the endocrine (which is determined to put the insulin bomb) I told him that we used the Dexcom wanted to continue using it, and of course with the Medtronic bomb that carries its own MCG, it would not work.And in the end he told us that an option could be to use the Roche bomb.I wanted to ask you if someone uses it and how you are doing.The endocrine told us that it is even easier to use than the other.Thank you very much, to see if the doubts to use pump or not are dissipated.

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
08/10/2017 12:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @juanaroru.We carry Dexcom G4 and Medtronic 640g and we are very happy.They do not communicate with each other but it is not a problem unless you need the pump stop in the face of hypoglycemia.
We tried the Medtronic sensor and as it was a disaster and the stops only caused posterior hyperglycemia, we prefer to have a sensor that works well to one that speaks with the pump.But there are people who are happy ... each one is doing well.You have to try and see what Major adapts to you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/10/2017 9:34 a.m.

We used the Roche bomb and we have not had any problems, in the face of an initial failure of the glucometer associated with the bomb they changed it without problem, I mean the normal one not to the MCG, now we are starting with the Dexcom.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/10/2017 8:30 p.m.

Thank you very much AlbertoT and FJF for your contribution.Clarifies the decision to make in September.

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
08/10/2017 9:18 p.m.

Juanamaroru, I carry Roche PQ bomb is the one that puts my hospital, but I stay with Medtronic that I have also used with my eyes closed.
They have to change it every year, it fails a lot, and the post -sales service tremendously bad and slow when solving these problems
All the best

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
08/15/2017 9:56 p.m.

Hello, I have Roche's bomb, Accuccek Spirit Combo, I'm happy with her, I'm about 8-9 years.I have only had a problem with her, on one occasion I could not open the pile plug, and they changed it as soon as I called me (they sent me the next day and at the same time I had to deliver mine).I did not even have to disconnect, there I discovered that when the low battery alarm sounds, he still has a lot of battery ... in general I am happy with her but it gives me to think why most people have that of Medtronic.I have run out of accessories, I have broken the clamp I used the most to carry it in the bra, two other covers that I had soft I already have them very lay down and the case that I have left I do not like ... I consulted prices to buy accessories inOne occasion and were expensive.The fact is that I have asked my endocrine to change pump but it seems reluctant, what do you think? Medtronic or Accuchck?Thank you so much.

mprado's profile photo
mprado
11/02/2017 9:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.