{'en': '"It is ridiculous that because she is diabetic, she cannot pilot a drone to work" by Pedro Álvarez', 'es': '«Es ridículo que por ser diabético no pueda pilotar un dron para trabajar» por Pedro Álvarez'} Image

"It is ridiculous that because she is diabetic, she cannot pilot a drone to work" by Pedro Álvarez

fer's profile photo   09/19/2016 11:45 a.m.

Pedro Álvarez Gómez is 25 years old and a lifetime ahead, although at age eight he was diagnosed with diabetes of group one after the logical empacho of jelly beans and cakes of a children's birthday.

Since then he takes care of his warfare for sugar not to play a bad pass.

This young law graduate, who works in the manager of his family in Ordes, practices canoeing and has a passion that is now very fashionable: drone piloting.

His curiosity woke up with the first gadgets."I saw one and I was hooked," he says.

And so, when he still studied right, he accumulated savings to buy one.Curiosity transformed into hobby, its following funds were to achieve complementary pieces.

The thing went to more and, already working, wanted to apply the maxim that if your hobby is your profession the chances of success are greater.

«I saw that drones could be useful to take photos at parties and also to take images of roofs and homes to discover damage.

I asked several people if they would be willing to pay for this work and how they told me that I did start to train, ”he says

Obtain permissions to pilot a drone, although to do so you must simpJust look up from the ground.

The theoretical exam and practices did not assume for Pedro Major Problem, although he could never appear in the exam because to do so he had to overcome a medical review.

«When they asked me if I took some kind of medication I replied that I need to inject insulin.And it was at that time that I learned that it was not suitable for drones to work, only for recreational use, which is entirely ridiculous, ”he says.

After the disgust he decided to get to work to find a solution that has not yet arrived.His first step was to resort to social networks to denounce what he considers an injustice and a nonsense and opened the claim at Change.org addressed to the State Air Security Agency (AESA) «by a reform that eliminates discrimination against diabetics,for a better future ».

Link to change.org

In his letter he explains «that the State excludes us from a multitude of oppositions without giving us any opportunity to demonstrate our aptitude and we can only resign ourselves.Seven out of every hundred Spaniards are diabetics and we do not deserve this discrimination ».For Paul, the limitations with drones are the tip of the iceberg of the cons collective.

"Diabetes is a silent disease, like our discrimination and people do not realize that, for example, they even prevent children from entering the cinema with their food," he exclaims.

Your campaign adds 278 signatures.

And after having paid legislation he wrote to AESA to ask them, as in the network, "Where is the risk?"Accustomed to legal jargon, he asked them "a human response, not the typical paragraph with articles and laws.And they answered me pointing out that they were tied because they had to comply with a higher rank law, ”he explains.

It does not give up, so your next step is a resource of elevation against Fomento.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/19/2016 11:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I encourage everyone to sign in Pedro's campaign, you can see more information here:

Link

For a life without limits for people with diabetes!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/19/2016 11:50 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Excuse me, I know that it has rained a lot since this was commented, but I am exactly before the same situation, I have moved to the Madrid Association, called to locals where they perform psychotecnics for Aesa and is currently in the myst situation and I would like to know how to knowWhat conclusion you took 4 years ago and if this fight is still on somewhere to participate.It is the greatest injustice and discrimination that I have found in many years and not the first one for this.

EDUARDO88's profile photo
EDUARDO88
05/11/2020 6:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.