{'en': 'A coexistence seeks to share experiences about diabetes', 'es': 'Una convivencia busca compartir experiencias acerca de la diabetes'} Image

A coexistence seeks to share experiences about diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/01/2017 11:59 a.m.

The Auria Diabetic Association organizes this weekend a family coexistence in the facilities of the Country Center (Colles) aimed at children with diabetes and their parents.Relax days that seek to create a playful environment for the little ones and be, at the same time, the appropriate scenario for parents to share experiences.

From the Association, the main objective of the meeting indicates the need of parents to be in contact with people who have the same concerns.Taking advantage of the opportunity for children to live together and play with each other, without neglecting their diet, which will be controlled through an educator in Diabetology.The games will be coordinated by two free time monitors.

The activities schedule includes the organization of talks and workshops for parents.The first one focuses on how to request the presence of a nurse in schools to treat children with chronic problems.

Next, a talk-workshop is scheduled by a nutritionist who will focus on the issue of food and diabetes.At night, they will know firsthand the problems that can affect minors with diabetes in puberty, such as alcohol abuse.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/01/2017 11:59 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!These meetings, such as well -known camps for diabetic children always generate ambivalent feelings in me.On the one hand I think, a camp only of diabetic boys?If my son can go to any camp, with the necessary care, it is not discriminating, segregating, excluding, stigmatizing?X Another side imposes my current reality, living in a small town, where the only child with diabetes is my son, therefore, it was unknown in the garden and what it was, until today when inSome celebration Tomi eats a little piece of cake the teachers look at me sideways like their self I was doing something forbidden, the hospital pediatrician does not have experience, nor talk about units, nor do we as potatoes we can talk with other parents, and that is where I replenish... In a camp for diabetic children they will know how to take care of it, they will be instructed, and there will be exchange with other children.The thought immediately returns ...... exclusive camp?And I remain ambivalent to this.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/01/2017 3:54 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.