{'en': 'A year ago that diabetes detected me', 'es': 'Ya hace un año que me detectaron las diabetes'} Image

A year ago that diabetes detected me

Calolu's profile photo   09/04/2017 12:29 a.m.

I have not been entering for a while because I have already "accustomed" to her more or less.

I tell you.I have no insulin but I take two types of pills, metformin with linagliptin and another diuretic.

The fact is that I do not correspond to me and I have bought them on my own because I am from Andalusia and with the values ​​and voltage lower the diuretic ... fatal, I get bad and I need them to know if it is the tension or it isThe sugar.

There is my problem, this afternoon he has given me a test and gave me 131, I took another strip, of the new ones, and gave me 211.

With the same puncture and the same blood.How can it be?What's wrong?What value should it listen to?

I have the Freestyle Opium meter.

Thank you.

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
09/04/2017 12:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good must be remembered that no glucometers is effective 100%, we all have a margin of error, that you measure you 2 times consecutive and throw 2 different values ​​is the most normal.Now, that the difference is so qualitative is already more rare, if it is the same glucometers.The recommendations always go in the hygiene of the hands before puncture, not touching anything likely to modify value, have them dry the sweat can influence, etc ... The ideal is to have 2 glucometers of different, to calibrate the possibility of whetherSome of the 2 is defective or (have little pile), although I warn you that they will give different values, but within a logic.It should also be taken into account if those measurements were fasting, immediately after eating something, at 2-3 hours of eating something, etc ... glucose can vary amazingly in seconds.Hence, try to get a flat or slightly descendant or ascending line but with minimal deviation.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/04/2017 10:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

If you did the analysis well;Gota of sufficient blood, absorption not too slow, etc.It is that the meter is very bad.

I have tried many glucose meters and while among them there are differences:

Link

If I do 2 well -done tests, with the same drop, with the same meter, the result has always been the same (if the meter was not very bad, such as the One Touch Ultra Easy)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/04/2017 10:50 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

They always recommend not making two analyzes with the same drop of blood, apart, you say that you took another strip, of the new ones, was the other strip old?Could it be expired?I recommend that you try again and if you continue to give you so much difference between one analysis and another, change glucometer.

All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/04/2017 7:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Who recommends it?

Whenever I doubt one analysis I do another, with the same drop, I will not click again.And if they come out very different, I get a third to get out of doubt.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/04/2017 9:18 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In Diabetological Education you recommend @"Sherpa41"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/04/2017 10:13 p.m.

Well, what a "education", I think they say it because as the strips pay them in insurance, they are forced to tell them that we spend the minimum ....

Because sometimes you do the analysis badly, either to put little blood, to put it very slowly or in several attempts or because the strip was wrong.

When I repeat the measurement because I am missing the result 99.9% of the time I get the same, but for example a few days ago I got 300 and I was almost certain that it could not be, I did it again and it came out 110, whatI repeated and again 110. If I had not repeated it and I would have corrected I would have had a milk hypo.

Summarizing: less education and more strips !!!

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/04/2017 10:49 p.m.

What they recommend is not that you do not use more strips @"sherpa41" is that you do not do two consecutive analyzes with the same drop of blood that you do with another drop of blood, the explanation I do not remember what it was but nothing to do with theWorld reactive strips, here in Madrid they are not restricted, they give you strips without any problem.
And diabetological education is essential to be able to carry out a good control of your diabetes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/04/2017 11:09 p.m.

But now that I think about it, even if you take advantage of the same puncture of the finger, the drop will be another, right?What nobody would do is click on another finger.With how fucked we have our fingers.You simply press and leave different drops of the same puncture.

And I tell you that 99.9% of the time the result is the same, in the first and in the second strip, say what the diabetolocos educators say.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/05/2017 5:08 a.m.

Where are you going?I bring apples ...

You are alluding to things that I have not said at any time, this seems like a conversation of shells.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/05/2017 10:05 a.m.

They told me that he will test in different fingers and always very clean.
They have never coincided although the variation is minimal, around 10.

So that I do not hurt before, I heat my finger to click, then simply by simply with level 1 of the prick, give me a very fat drop and I do not have to squeeze because I have activated the blood flow when rubbing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2017 7:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To that I referred to me with different drop of blood @"ruthbia", different punctures go, not the same prick taking two drops.
The finger and activate the flow is very good, now, to me the level 1 of the puncture does not make me na !!But of course, I already have very corleous fingers after so many years :))

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/06/2017 1:14 p.m.

Thank you all for answering.Nor do nurses know why that happens.Say that the strips are not expired and that between the old and the new there are only three months of difference in expiration.
What I wanted to know was because that could happen, because the blood is supposed to be the same in one finger in another?
I have had to buy strips because it does not belong to a treatment via oral.
Thank you new

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
09/06/2017 3:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.