Change of insulin puncture zone

Rosi's profile photo   09/18/2016 1:58 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!On Friday we went to the endocrine and changed the insulin puncture zone since I always put it in the arms since according to her in the belly legs and buttocks it hurts more, and it already has a little arms a little bulging, theIt is that since I have been putting the insulin slow in buttocks and the rapid on the thighs is very high and that has changed the pattern since it was quite high.It can be because of the puncture change that insulin does not make so much effect.
Thank you so much

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
09/18/2016 1:58 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

@Rosi In my case I have always had the feeling that when I wear fast units in my thigh because I am going to eat some very slow absorption hydrate does not make the effect that the insulin in arm or gut does me, that is, if, ifI get 7u in the thigh it seems that I have given myself 5U and with the slow thing the same thing happens to me, I think that putting it in the buttock, gut or arm it makes more effect than in my leg .. but you know, each one ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/18/2016 6:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not noticed change in the effect of insulin depending on where I put it on, and I put it in belly, arms, thighs and ass.Of course, it seems that it is absorbed slower or fast depending on the area, as they say.But could not assure you, sure that partners with MCG can help more with that ... Medis at 2 hours after eating or before?
You put it with 5mm needles I guess?I say it because of the discomfort you have with the punctures and others
I hope you improve the thing, encourage!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/19/2016 12:27 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

The injection zone depends especially on the fatty percentage that is taken, the size of the needle, whether perpendicular or oblique is injected, whether you click on capillary or not.There are areas where insulin once injected slows down in its absorption and others in which its absorption is correct or very fast.But not only that influences since the body itself also influences.Everything operated with 10 and all those who tell us about calculations, estimates, ratios, sensibilities and if all those "advances" were 100% effective and mathematics were exact we would be in the best perfect lines as a non -diabetic but more linear.But there is always a but and in this case they are the thousands of inexplicable variants.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/19/2016 10:25 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Miexron we take it before eating and then at 3 hours more or less because it is eating again unless she is in the middle.The needles are D 5mm.
@Uvi buff too many things that take into account :(;) We do not take two days by clicking in these areas we will expect a little more to have if stabilized.
@sigsauer if each body is as it is and each one works for a different way but that I have a change.
Thank you so much

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
09/19/2016 6:13 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.