{'en': 'Are good fats and bad carbohydrates for diabetes?', 'es': '¿Son las grasas buenas y los carbohidratos malos para la diabetes?'} Image

Are good fats and bad carbohydrates for diabetes?

david29's profile photo   09/20/2016 7:43 p.m.

Hello,

I wanted to share with you the case of this 82 -year -old type 1 diabetic.

It has the sweet disease since the 12 without any complication, the secret as we have been carrying a very low diet in carbohydrates and very high in fat.

The lord (he is a doctor) has written several books about diabetes all of them in English, so I leave this link from a blog of a Spanish doctor, where he translates some chapters of some of his books and incidentally gives an opinion.

It is worth taking a look, the truth has left me somewhat confused.

I would also like some opinion.

Thank you!

lameteoquevene.blogspot.com.es/2016/09/la-conexion-azucar-insulina-grasa.html

david29's profile photo
david29
09/20/2016 7:43 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

The theory is interesting but in practice that breakfast, eat and dinner?Why don't I think of very high meals in fat and very low in HC.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/20/2016 8:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If I read something that says that by the mere fact of suffering from type 1 diabetes you have to vary anything in food with respect to a healthy person, I close the link and stop wasting time.

Whoever wants to make absurd diets with few HC because it is easier to control the doses forward.I will continue eating everything and being able to do a lot of sports and being in shape.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/20/2016 8:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

According to @Artorias

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/21/2016 3:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

One of the monitors of my gym has had to read all the books of this uncle and now a nutrition guru is created, puts diets with the most fatty cheeses ... I think he has cheated someone but the rest ofPeople get discouraged from him ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/21/2016 3:45 p.m.

A great way to fuck the liver quickly, in my opinion.Among other things.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
09/21/2016 3:50 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

As little carbohydrate because I feel better and I feel better but I wouldn't think of increasing fats, it seems like a delirium

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/21/2016 6:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks for the comments.

I summarize a bit what this man says.Really the diet proposed by this man and that many non -diabetic athletes are beginning to adopt with very good results is this: eliminating simple sugars, bread, pasta, rice and all kinds of cookies.A little the diet of our grandparents that was based on fats and some healthy carbohydrates such as legumes and fruit.Let's go almost the same except for the bread they ate (little ..)
Because of cholesterol there is no problem because they include a good handful of good fats such as olive oil, avocados or blue fish, which makes the HLD cholesterol (good) through the very low clouds and triglycerides.In addition, as we know all the sugars that we even eat the fruit if they are not spent at the moment they end up storing in our body in the form of nothing good fats.

When I found out about this a few months ago I laughed but now not so much, seeing the sports results in people who make this diet, who no longer drink aquariums and with a piece of cheese and an tortilla spends hours running without bird problems orPainlessness, we go like my grandmother who with a piece of bacon (well -fat) endured half a day.
I will still continue with my traditional diet although I do not rule out going breakfast more often fried eggs with sausage.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/21/2016 6:41 p.m.

Hemo 7

@David29 I would have a lovely breakfast every day fried eggs with sausage but if you have to eliminate bread as this diet proposes I am no longer interested ..,.: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/21/2016 8:10 p.m.

What elite athletes can you cite me and provide truthful information what they do that diet?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/21/2016 10:47 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

So you mean the paleo diet @David29?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/21/2016 10:51 p.m.

Compare things as healthy as bread, pasta or rice, with cookies (whether they are) ...
It is where to take these things, really.

Elite athletes (and any person in a general form) do not do this things, as @luvi says

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/21/2016 11:33 p.m.

I believe that except processed, refined foods, trans fat etc.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/22/2016 12:12 a.m.

If you lower saturated fats, cholesterol is reduced, that is well proven..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2016 1:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Elite athletes or idea, but where I live (Pyrenees) mountain racing tests are the order of the day and know people who make this type of diet.Increasingly.I don't want to say names but I don't get anything with lying.
Good or bad because I am not a doctor or nutritionist.
The rice and pasta will be very healthy but every time like glycemia shoot, we go pure sugar, especially rice, a little more slow paste.
I am generally with you and with your comments that I greatly appreciate, but of course it gives me to think.It makes me want to do it for a while and see what happens but I did not just cheer out.
By the way I tell you a small anecdote: I do a lot of sport (bike, ski, mountain)
Before I had the habit after the daily sports session, I used to take several slices of watermelon, healthy, healthy and moisturizing and with little sugar, don't you think?Well no..
After doing this for several months and doing the analyzes, I left the collesterol shot.With the endocrine it was difficult for usThat was the reason.I freaked out.I was prohibiting a fruit like that!Let's go from banana or grapes we don't even talk.Now only water and very little insulin to avoid declines.Let's go what I deduce (perhaps erroneously) that the sugars come from where they come become bad fats ...

Greetings.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/22/2016 9:51 p.m.

Hemo 7

@David29 For my part I will not discourage you to try the low diet in ch and rich in fat, in fact, I give up that you try it and tell us firsthand how you are doing with it to have a reference ..

With what you leave me ojiplatic it is with the conclusion @-) that you have taken between your endocrine and you that the watermelon has caused you to raise your cholesterol suddenly, I am not a doctor or endocrine but or I am missing data or I stay Pasmaaaaaao!!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/22/2016 10:29 p.m.

I was crazy with the biography of this man, it does not seem dumb of course.But well I think that for something the doctors and nutritionists have been telling him for a long time that they say they will have studies that endorse him ... more than the experience of a person, who may do well to him but not others ...

I also think like @sigsauer that everyone does what they want and that it would be interesting to hear from someone who carries that diet as it is, clearly and sincerely.

While it seems because of the last news that the conspiracy of the sugar was a reality and made it help to demonize the fats and not the sugar ... that I do not say that it has to do, but it has reminded me, I leave the news forIf anyone finds out, this article seemed curious
Link

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/22/2016 11:17 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Evolutionary diet ... It's the better thing comes to me the truth ...
Good fats, hydrates that could be found hundreds of years and protein as clean as possible ..

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/23/2016 12:45 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

marcos_j_m said:
evolutionary diet ... is the best comes to me the truth ...
Good fats, hydrates that could be found hundreds of years and proteins as clean as possible ..

It is what comes best to you and anyone.

Some mix do not take sugars of disgusting processed products, with not drinking carbohydrates that come from natural and healthy foods.

All carbohydrates raise blood glucose and are not bad, they are very necessary to have health.

I understand that with large amounts of HC many people find it difficult to control the doses and peaks, but for God you do not reduce them too much that is not good.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/23/2016 2:32 a.m.

On the contrary ... what happens is that I take a lot

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/23/2016 12:32 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.