Glaucoma

claudiagalinei's profile photo   10/04/2016 9:52 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Claudia, years ago I was detected of angle glaucoma closed and unfortunately the disease has been moving forward in a accelerated way even though I am using several drops and I have been in controls with the EPS but I have lost my sight.I would like to know if there are more treatments or that care could have to lower the eye pressure.I appreciate if anyone knows any information since every day that passes alive with the insertion that when you wake up you can not see.I have really depressed myself a lot for this issue.thank you

claudiagalinei's profile photo
claudiagalinei
10/04/2016 9:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @Claudiagalinei forum I hope we can help you and better with the problem of glaucoma, for now I share some issues that you can read and I think they will serve you.

When diabetes attacks the eyes
Link
Operate myopia and diabetes
Link
Hello, I'm new, and I need to know disability
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/05/2016 12:59 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Claudia: Glaucoma is not an enhanced in diabetes.It consists of an alteration, or better an imbalance between the production of aqueous humor (liquid that occupies the anterior part of the eye), and its elimination, so when accumulating more liquid of due, and since the eye is absolutely rigid, it isprojects on the optical nerve, excessive pressure that deteriorates it.
Initially, the treatment is aimed at reducing the amount of liquid inside the eye, causing an aqueous humor production, with different classes of drops.If with this you do not achieve a balance and a bearable tension for the eye, we must intervene surgically to get an alternative drainage route to which the eye has but that does not work properly.
I will try to give an example that clarifies this topic: if we have a swollen sink, we will try, until the plumber comes, open less the tap (drop treatment) so that the drain can absorb the amount of water, but the real solution theThe plumber (surgery) will contribute increasing the volume of elimination

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/03/2016 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.