{'en': 'Adime: 3rd encounter of families with diabetes', 'es': 'ADIME: 3er encuentro de familias con diabetes'} Image

Adime: 3rd encounter of families with diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/06/2017 11:45 a.m.

Iñaki Lorente - known to all, as a psychologist and diabetes expert;He will participate in the two workshops, but above all he will share the encounter with all of us so he can resolve the doubts we are raised.

Martina Pantin - we also know her because she was the person who materialized and shapes the rings of transdiabetes, she will give us her point of view as a patient, after being diagnosed with diabetes at 8 years she has been living with her for 8 years.

It will also act as "older sister" of our boys.It will be with them, something will be taken with teenagers.Many times the chic@s dare to ask us about some issues such as alcohol, party, sex, drugs ... to the fathers and the medical team, but they open more when they talk to someone who has gone through their same situation.

Marta Arroyo (from Eleviseia Diabetes): It will tell us about new technologies (apps to improve the self -control of diabetes) and will give us the point of view of pharmaceutical industry.

José Luis López (from Insulclock): It will also participate in the new technologies section and as an expert patient.

Ismael Fernández (Diabetes educator at Manacor Hospital): He will speak from the point of view of the medical team, both in the new technologies section (how they help the medical team and the feelings and emotions that they see that they generate us to the patients), as about the emotions caused by diabetes.

Q: What involvement do health professionals have in your initiative?
A: Iñaki Lorente and Ismael Fernández have opted from the beginning for this project and have turned to help everything possible in the organization, have made us available unconditionally.

I would have liked more involvement by health professionals in Menorca in the organization.Although I do not rule out the participation of some of them.

Q: Does everything revolve around diabetes, or is there life beyond diabetes?
A: No. It is not sought to be a place where many medical and theoretical notions of diabetes are given;Most of us have already been traveling in this world and many times we are tired of numbers, rations, punctures and needles.During the meeting we will learn about diabetes, but we will also have a good time discovering an island of legend, a magical island ...

Q: How did the idea arise 3 years ago?
A: From the association we realized that most of the people who participated in the activities we organized were families with children with diabetes, so initially we decided to spend together a weekend in a house of colonies on the islandand carry out those days aimed at families.

The following year, the first insulin bomb was put in Menorca (my son) and apart from the control by the hospital here they took us from Son Espases (in Mallorca), which made every month we had to move to the islandneighbor.In the waiting room of the hospital I met another mother from Mallorca, our children already knew about the camps organized by Adiba, so we started talking and every time we went to Mallorca we saw each other and spent a while together, from there aWassap group called “Sweet Mothers” formed by the Niñ@s mothers with Balearic Diabetes.That year we decided to open the encounter to all the families of the Balearic Islands.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/06/2017 11:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Mrs. Marta Arroyo (from Eleviseia Diabetes and Mr. José Luis López (of Insulclock), who go from Francisco Umbral Guests and her famous book ??? What are they contributing to diabetes ??That at that same moment everyone downloads it and sell them as if by the fact of lowering the application to the mobile your diabetes will be better ???The whopping amount of € 250 ??.and calculations.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/06/2017 1:18 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I agree with @"Luvi", I think that in this type of event the pharmaceutical industry should not be included or that any other device for diabetes control sells.They will always try to sell your product and I don't think it's the place for it.The industry should not be left to be eased according to which places and less if there are children who are more influenced.Physicians, patients and family who contribute some of their experience should participate, who is really valuable, not someone who is going to sell their book.
This reminds me of many sporting events or on good habits that are made in schools and are sponsored by Coca Cola or any other manufacturer of unhealthy products.Which also sends home to children with a lot of nurseries they sell to get future consumers of their products.In the end they are camouflaged marketing campaigns aimed at the most vulnerable who are children and I personally do not seem good to me.
If I believe that the coexistence or events in which opinions and experiences are exchanged are very positive but whenever they leave anyone with economic interests outside.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/06/2017 2:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.