{'en': 'Relationships, quotes and diabetes, hide or not?', 'es': 'Relaciones, citas y diabetes, ¿esconderse o no?'} Image

Relationships, quotes and diabetes, hide or not?

fer's profile photo   10/08/2016 8:15 p.m.

Whether you just go with someone one afternoon for something simple like having coffee, or something more complex like someone you like very much, diabetes is an extra point in which you should think (in addition to clothes and perfume) butthat should not be a bigger problem.

say that I live with diabetes?

Before they scold me, this is a super personal decision and depends on each one of us.Personally, it always works for me to mention casually that I live with diabetes because I am not the type of person who hides in a bath to inject or does not measure your glucose during an appointment.I do what I have to do to keep myself well throughout the appointment (and avoid something that scares my appointment as hypoglycemia) and this of course includes some things that not everyone does.

Keep in mind that although you can be very open in injecting insulin "anywhere" not everyone likes to see needles and syringes so it is better to notice than to see faces of fright.I insist, this is my way of addressing these situations but I know others that do it differently.

Will they stop being interested in me when I say that I live with diabetes?

Again my personal life comes to light. Do you see what they force me to do?I have never chosen a friendship and much less a prospect for boyfriend (before, now I am already married) that I could run away from knowing that I live with diabetes.Diabetes although it accompanies me everywhere defines many of my actions but I am sure to be much more than type 1 diabetes and that has never interfered in my relationships with others.

If someone made any type of "uncomfortable" comment about my diabetes and my life, it would be enough reason to turn me around and not come back.But the same happens if someone makes an ugly comment about the way I look or my body weight, you don't have to be genius to know.

Some people are much more receptive than others and remember that this is a world full of myths "my grandmother, my neighbor, ..." will be things inevitable but part of a relationship, to go out, to meet friends is to learn about theother.

Do not worry too much, who is destined to be your life partner will not judge, learn and support you when you need it.

And how do you handle your appointments?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/08/2016 8:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I try to share it as something more about me as soon as the moment is given.It seems easier for me to do it at the beginning, and not miss time .. but I sincerely am afraid that the person in question rejects me for that ...
Now that I have the insulin bomb that fear was greater ... to stop likes or seem attractive for that.
I think if the person is worth it, and we are interested, diabetes is something more than we are.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/09/2016 3:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I started telling everyone, that lasted just a year, until I felt with my 14 years what people knew about diabetes.
Since then I have taken it hidden, and since I will have been recorded on my forehead for three years.
The bomb is always seen because I have been hooked in the pocket of the jeans, when I run that it looks good, in the equipment makes it very clear, I am like that, I am diabetic, who loves me well and who does not have aEasy solution ...

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/09/2016 10:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If you have to undress and you have the Dexcom or the free, you do not have much room for maneuver ... and if you carry a bomb to see what you tell.

Although the MCG has been covered with Kinesio Tape and I can say that it is a wound, which is what I always do.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 12:59 a.m.

My daughter, tries to go unnoticed to avoid having to give explanations of something that people do not understand, but do not hide, and if the subject comes out, she comments with total naturalness, she has always said that this goes with her and that who does notLike not to look.And as Jcnegar, looks super proud of his "DT1 Team" in all his equipment.I don't know if the years will change, I hope not.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/10/2016 11:02 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hide it ever, it is nonsense, and more now with the park, it is more half a neighborhood knows that I am diabetic thanks to it, hehehe ... but I have never hidden it, and I have told it in the first appointments, provided thatThe Chabal was worth it, you are not going to tell anyone either, but we go as you do with other things of your life, how many you think will be with you more than a month.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/10/2016 12:08 p.m.

Do not proclaim it, but hiding in the long run involves giving explanations.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/10/2016 1:18 p.m.

There is why shout at the four winds but of course if you have a relationship of both friendship and sentimental in which the treatment is daily I think the other person should know, especially in case one day something happens to you.In my case when I was a teenager and even something later I hid it because I was very angryWell, if he comes out in the conversation, I tell him without further ado with the sensor, it is difficult not to have to give explanations hahahaha

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/10/2016 6:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I say it.I have no problems for now.With what I still give me it is to prick in public.I do not stop doing it but it does give me a little shame (meaningless).

I talk a lot about my diabetes all the time.I suppose it is normal in the first years (and in the rest, which is part of your life).That, sometimes, makes me consider if in the face of others it will seem that so much monothem is tired (which is) and it seems that you use your illness to give pity or get something in return.Nothing is further from reality, but I am very thinking about all the time:/

pike's profile photo
pike
10/13/2016 9:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.