Almost a year with diabetes

Marcos0z's profile photo   09/08/2017 3:44 a.m.

Hello !

I wanted to count my experience with my diabetes, I must say that it has been difficult but I have reached a point where I can handle it a little better
My glycosylated hemoglobins were
1-6.4
2-6.1
3-5.9
If I have improved my results but there are days when glycemia dawns in 133 and after food they reach me 213.
I must say that these values ​​depress me a lot :(
But I don't think I want to continue having a full life I am just 20 years old.
Thank you for everyone for reading, I am very happy to belong to this forum.
Insulin use 70/30
20u in the morning and 10u at night.

Marcos0z's profile photo
Marcos0z
09/08/2017 3:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have very good hemoglobins, you shouldn't worry about that.If you don't give you hypoglycemia you are very good.The thing about 213 after eating is complicated to avoid, you can try to play with food and not eat the high IG, add more fat and protein to slow down the climb, ... but think that sometimes the sometimes is inevitablePico, do not get obsessed or depressed for that.Stress is the worst for health.
If this happens to you, then tell your endocrine to value if you have to modify the insulin.And the food theme, to tell you your educator or the endocrine what food you can change to try to avoid the peaks.In the forum you also have several threads on these issues that can help you.
My advice is that you try to improve but without obsessing or getting depressed when you see a high value in the glucometer because that is not going to do any good.
I also advise you that if you do not practice sports you encourage you to try any, it usually helps improve insulin sensitivity and also feels better for the endorphins that you release.What makes us lose quality of life (not only diabetics, but the entire population) is not usually the disease, in most cases, but the loss of muscle mass and that is due to lack of physical activity.People who arrive at advanced ages in good condition are usually because they have performed sports or physical work all their lives.So sport is always a good "retirement insurance."

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/08/2017 9:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In many cases, in an important amount, they are caused by the time to put the insu before eating, if then at three hours or four the glycemia is well the peak is therefore, depending on the peak it may be more difficult to go down.

Insulin does not take effect when we put it on and if we add that we do not start with an acceptable figure because the theme is complicated, the waiting time is not the same having for example 100 that 120, always of course we are each one we are a world and to someThey will need more time than others but it takes it to take effect, in the same way the place where we put it.

As the food theme is very important, the diet is essential in us even if we eat everything.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2017 2:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.