I have several doubts !!!

RCTP78's profile photo   09/08/2017 8:20 a.m.

Hello everyone !!

Approximately three months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have been taking metformin of 850 mg 2 times a day and then began to take atorvastatin once a day.In all this time I have accelerated my process of hair loss (alopecia) I suffer from that, but my hair fell very slowly but in root that I find out and started with the medication I lose enough hair.

The medication with this loss has to do or is a product of the depression, I was depressed the first weeks after I was diagnosed but now I have accepted it and it can be said that I am well well .........

Greetings

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
09/08/2017 8:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here are all possible side effects of atorvastatin and among the infrequent is alopecia:

Link

In general, what reads to lower cholesterol is not very good.In most cases that are prescribed they are not necessary and is not worth the side effects they have.My advice is to consult with a cardiologist and value if you really need them.Sometimes primary school doctors recipe them and I think they are not adequate for this.It should be a cardiologist who prescribes them since they are medications with important side effects and that have been associated in scientific studies with several diseases such as type 2 diabetes. It is not something that should be reset lightly by any doctor, from my point of viewIt would have to be a cardiologist who does it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/08/2017 10:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks for your answer, the one who prescribed was the endocrinologist, I will take an appointment with a cardiologist to tell me if the pill is necessary (atorvastatin).What the doctor told me is that while my cholesterol level was an intermediate level, we should be at optimal levels to reduce the risk of heart attack.

Greetings and thanks for your time.

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
09/10/2017 7:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.