Birch sugar

Elejulia's profile photo   10/13/2016 11:51 a.m.

Hello good morning!!!

Yesterday my mother -in -law bought a birch sugar boat.Do you know if you can eat?
I was looking and I saw that I was apt for diabetics but of course ... the truth is that it is not that
I trust that.I tried it and the truth is that it crosses the same as the sugar shines the same and sweetens a lot (come on the hit).

Let's see if anyone knows, anyway we go to the endocrine and ask him.

Greetings,
Elena I Júlia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
10/13/2016 11:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sincerely @elejulia I think that as in so many other products (with stevia, etc ...), the seller tries to make his attractive product, even if it is a lie, we all know that the important thing is not sugar as such, if not, the hydrates ofCarbon that carries, I have already seen several cases where HC are 100%, or 99%, which means that it is pure sugar, or even something worse than sugar itself, so they are not suitable for diabetics.

I put a couple of images and link to related theme that explains well about carbohydrates.

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/13/2016 1:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much.

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
10/13/2016 11:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Elejulia @fer The birch's sugar if they did not explain me badly is what is commonly known as xilitol, so you would only count half since it is a polyalcohol.The stevia, totally agree with Fer, to make the product more attractive
If I'm wrong to correct myself or kill myself, but tell me please hahaha

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/14/2016 5:39 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater There is a great issue that explains it, take a look, I copy it:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/14/2016 8:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.