{'en': 'More than 1,000 people will run against diabetes in the I solidarity march of Padul', 'es': 'Más de 1.000 personas correrán contra la diabetes en la I Marcha Solidaria de Padul'} Image

More than 1,000 people will run against diabetes in the I solidarity march of Padul

fer's profile photo   09/08/2017 11:58 a.m.

The Granada municipality of Padul hosts this Sunday, September 10, the I Solidarity March against Diabetes and the V Mamut Mountain Race, which is integrated into the Hercules Andalucía-Ceuta Cup, promoted by the Andalusian Mountain Federation.

The I Solidarity March against Diabetes, which provides for the participation of some 1,000 people, raises two routes to adapt to the physical condition of all people who want to participate, with a short distance of 8.2 kilometers, and another long 12, 12,2 kilometers.

The two proposed options will run through the Padul wetland environment.The money raised will be destined for the Association, who, through camps, helps children with diabetes to control their illness and achieve the greatest possible autonomy, and 'diabetescero', non -profit entity focused on the investigation of diabetes.

The Provincial Deputy of Sports and Electronic Administration, Purification López, said, during the presentation in the Diputación of this sports event, which last year there was "a fairly important acceptance, of some 300 participants, and from the City Council of Padul has beendone everything possible this year to overcome that number "

For his part, the mayor of Padul, Manuel Alarcón, has highlighted the importance of instilling the sport at an early age, and thanked the "courage" of the Diputación de Granada and all those who have collaborated in this event in which they joinSolidarity hiking and mountain race, because "you have to be next to who needs to be to fight these diseases."

The president of the Mountain Federation, Julio Perea, has indicated the increase in sedentary lifestyle between the population against low percentage that hiking, according to sports habits surveys.Therefore, sporting events such as this acquire their importance to help "mentalize healthy physical activity and increase more every day."

In parallel, the fifth edition of the Mammoth race is disputed, which is composed of the mountain 'trail' race with a distance of 27.8 kilometers, and the 'mini trail' race of 12.2 kilometers oriented especially orientedA Cadet and Junior corridors.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/08/2017 11:58 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.