Debutante dmii 45 years

Carmenchu's profile photo   10/18/2016 12:15 a.m.

Hello everyone!!
In the last 2 months my life at the health level has taken an important turnaround ... Well, in reality for a while that things were not going well, the signs were evident and were there in front of my noses.
To begin with, I have morbid obesity (I should lose about 75 kg approx), from one year or two to this part the typical thirst symptoms, urinating a lot, itching, spots on the skin ... I always thought "I have to go to the doctor,"I have to look at all this ... but I was leaving it ... I was leaving it ...
This summer, one day I wake up with my face totally paralyzed on the right side ...
A few days later, I was totally motionless, I could not move or assert myself for my most basic and fundamental tasks.Imagine, with my weight, going to the bathroom was a titanic task, showering the same ... horrible.
I went to visit a private neurologist (Asisa) who entered me immediately.
I spent a week, they did a thousand tests, I was diagnosed with type 2 (glycosilada of 9.3), and discovered that the paralysis it had, had been caused by diabetes.
I have had a very bad time, I have been more than 20 days totally immobilized, from the neck down I felt nothing !!!
The diagnosis was not very flattering, the first thing was to deal with the issue of diabetes, lose weight ... and expect the neurological theme to be improving ....
Volume 1000 metformin 3 times a day, and Forxiga 1 in the morning.
I have already lost 12 kilos, although I recognize that I get uphill, but I have no choice, I have to continue.
And most importantly, I have recovered mobility ... It has been desperate, nobody knew how long it could be like this, 1 week, 1 month or 1 year ... I started little by little, recovering the sensitivity, every day a little more,And I'm almost 100%.
I read you a lot, to get to know this disease more and more, and how it affects my body.
At first my levels did not fall from 250 ... with insulin with diet ... it was a general block that had my body.
A few weeks later, with weight loss and food control, constancy with medication, I have approximately 85 and 110 values.
I think I'm already on the right track, we keep fighting.

Carmenchu's profile photo
Carmenchu
10/18/2016 12:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, Carimechu!You already have very good values, have you put insulin?To continue lowering weight!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2016 1:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am glad that after the substitute you can see how you advance day by day.Courage and keep fighting.Your values ​​are now very good, but this is a resistance race.Forward!!!

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/18/2016 4:04 p.m.

Welcome to the @Carmendo Forum, often scare, encourage and go ahead! Here you have us to help you in what we can.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/18/2016 4:05 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome Carmenchu, now to move on, slowly and with good lyrics!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/18/2016 11:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Carmenchu, encourage you to move on, there will be difficult times, but keep going.By way of enriching your knowledge I encourage you to read the following very interesting article at the link Link
Give it and continue step by step, with patience and faith.

albichangeins's profile photo
albichangeins
10/20/2016 12:25 a.m.

Thank you all for your messages of support and encouragement !!!!
I follow the forum with a lot of interest, because you always learn some things ...

Mine is going well, I am doing things well, trying to correct bad eating habits, moving a little more, and it is best that I have lost almost 20 kilos since I started with this fight.

Weight loss has improved my quality of life a lot, although I still have many kilos to lose, I feel more agile, with more energy, I no longer have that insatiable thirst that caused me the uncontrolled diabetes, I no longer have to get upA thousand times at night to urinate, and other small day -to -day details that make my life easier.
It is not easy, it is an important change, but little to little I know that I am going to get it!

Carmenchu
11/14/2016 12:59 a.m.

Well, to continue like this, that all the effort has its reward!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2016 4:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I want to update how my case is going, with special attention to the people who read me, and they have diabetes for overweight issues, I want to encourage them to take the step to improve their life.

It has been several months, and I have lost 31 kilos ... it is not being easy, but it is not impossible.My life has improved in all aspects, especially my general health status and my mobility.Only who is or has been very fat, and has mobility problems for their basic day -to -day tasks, can understand what I am talking about.

Now I can go for a walk, at the beginning it was very little, I walked just 50 meters and already tired, but now I can walk more than 2 hours in a row, and I do 8, 10 or 12 km ... That is quality of life.I bought some shoes and little by little I have increased the times and distances.

We keep fighting !!!

Carmenchu
01/21/2017 10:17 p.m.

You are getting it, congratulations!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/22/2017 2:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.