Collection of strips and needles in the health center

Yessica_A's profile photo   09/12/2017 1:48 p.m.

I write this a little to vent myself but also to see how the situation in other communities is to see if we can do something to change it.
In my health center (from Castilla y León) it is a disaster.First you have to make an appointment with the nurse, to make a role with the strips and needles that correspond to you to the month (which round down because in my case it is a box and average but since they cannot give me half they give me only one andThey tell me to go every less time).Then with that role you return to the health center from 13:00 to 13:30 to collect them.And that if they have because today I have gone and told me that they had no strips and returned on Thursday.
I get a lot that with everything we have already loaded with our illness, they complicate us more life.I do not know if they believe that we have nothing to do from 13:00 to 13:30 to be giving every two per three to the health center.At that time I am working and I have to spend the time of eating, go to races to the health center (which is not precisely close to work), eat in a hurry in 15 minutes and go running to work again for not long notMore than 1 hour I have food.In my case my company is understandable and I can take more than 1 hour if I recover it in the afternoon but still seems absurd that I have to go twice to the same.And if you don't have to return another day. Can't the nurse give them directly instead of playing a role?At least the nurse has a wide schedule and consults someday pro the afternoon so it does not mean much disorder but from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. most people work.
Yesterday I talked to her and told me that it would give me for the whole year but that it was a thing of the Health Manager and I could not do anything.It is very nice and was telling me that she sees it absurd to make us waste time like this but that her complaint is useless.He told me that if we complain patients in writing the same when they receive many complaints of the same ignore.I have sought how to do it and the website of the Junta de Castilla y León there is a form so I have put a complaint but I do not think it serves as much.
I do not know how the issue is in other communities but if it is something that happens everywhere we can do something as a collection of firms at Change.org or a similar place and send a complaint with the signatures to see if they pay attention to us.It makes no sense to dizzy.
Forgive the paragraph but this theme always angels me and more when I give the trip not at all.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/12/2017 1:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I had to ask and complain and what I do is buy them online at 8 euros the box.I do not compensate for the time I lose, the nerves, the goats and be claiming all day.

Although a box and a half is very little, do not say that what they give normally are 3-4 strips a day?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/12/2017 2:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

They give me 50 strips a month (a box) and as I carry the Free Style there are plenty of.Needles give me 4 a day and I think they leave at box and a half a month.
The strips many months or lame.I always have some more box at home just in case but I take all at the end I accumulate a lot and it is silly.I only use them on the first day of the free because I do not trust the values ​​and for some descent or rise that does not fit what the free says.
But the needles do I need all the ones that give me, so I have to do it the same.And now as I have changed the glucometer I do not have accumulated strips and I have to take every month until I gather 3 boxes to have a reserve if a month I do not have the free.Then I just ask the ones I need.The endocrine puts me what I tell you what to use, if at any time I need more changes it to me.For that part I have no problem.What bothers me is the roll of having to pick them up that they can't make it more complicated.

Yessica_A
09/12/2017 2:23 p.m.

That is a management problem and is caused by the transfer of powers by the Spanish State.Each community is self -managed independently and each one has its protocols, such as everyone's monies are not distributed as a equitable pot between all autonomous communities, but goes accordingly to population, we find these differences.Solution??Do not stop claiming, it is not necessary to be constantly, as you collect the material, you request a claim sheet, it is filled with a copy of it, and endocrine report a brief is written to the Board, Counseling, Delegation, etc..Those patterns adjustment stages and then add that if your wife/husband and children suffer from diabetes would not claim and send it.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/12/2017 5:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Put claim if you don't have them prepared on the day they cite you., And talk to the nurse to see if you can pick them up in another way and another hour.
In my health center, you leave the envelope with what you ask in a mailbox and the nurse leaves it in the same over so that you collect it at the counter.When you want.
Talk to the endocrine so that you give you more strips, because you are paying you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/14/2017 9:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To pick them up, don't get an appointment.You ask her with the nurse and she plays a role and then go to pick them up.To pick them up, they do not allow for an appointment, it is Monday through Friday from 13: 00-13: 30 for everyone.
I will begin to put claims every time I go because it is so complicated on it there are times that you are going and they tell you that they do not have left and come back another day.
You throw with the 50 that give me now they accumulate and there are months that I do not take them.If I ever need more I will ask the endocrine to put me more.Now with the freestyle they have plenty of and accumulate at home boxes so as not to use them, it is useless.The problem is not the ones that the report puts me but when I am going to collect them
Sometimes there is no.
In Castilla y León, it has always been a finger of diabetics.Until recently they did not want to give you the waters that the report put you.They told you that maximum 3 a day and that reuse.I have had to buy boxes because they did not arrive.Now they give you the ones that puts but always are scarce and not every day there are.Sometimes they make you come back.

Yessica_A
09/14/2017 9:26 p.m.

They have it fatal organized.There must be another way that does not make you miss work.Tell him to leave the envelope with the order in the mailbox, as is done for recipes.
You can go to patient care to see if they give you another solution.There should be some afternoon schedule to attend patients or collect material, which in the work are counted.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/15/2017 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, here is a disaster.I asked if there is another option but they have always told me no.The nurse tells me that she would give them to me but that she can't.
I have to ask the mailbox but I think there is no, for recipes you have to make an appointment with the doctor.Luckily they have already put the electronic recipe since last year and I no longer have to waste time in that too, I do them for a year and voila.But the strips and needles do not understand why they complicate it so much.
From now on my boyfriend is going to work from home a few days and how we live right next to the health center because I will tell him to pick them up.But nothing cost them to give you directly the nurse who also attends in the afternoon a few days.
Let's see if putting complaints every little with something.
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Yessica_A
09/15/2017 9:45 a.m.

Precisely today I have gone to my health center asking for a container and they have literally told me that they can no longer give, it is only for use in the center.Well, in the trash!

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/22/2017 8:20 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

It is a roll to take the material.A slavery.They give me everything I ask but you have to make an appointment of the nurse, who is lucky to be on service (mine travels a lot and has thousands and courses or seminars) and that there is time after my work.Once a month.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2017 12:31 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is a roll to take the material.A slavery.They give me everything I ask but you have to make an appointment of the nurse, who is lucky to be on service (mine travels a lot and has thousands and courses or seminars) and that there is time after my work.Once a month.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2017 12:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, in my case I have no problem, since my doctor has scheduled the strips for 5 glycemia a day, when I touch the day I go to the pharmacy and pick them up and I can go to 14 days later to pick them up, at that time youI tell the pharmacist I want, depending on the glucometer that the Aviva Expert is normally using, as for the rest of the material in my community (Valencian Community) there is an order of health that says that they will have to supply me and needles forA 90 -day period, although the lancetas are baratras, if I want to take them, in terms of needles I ask for the size I want.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
10/08/2017 11:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Each community manages it in a way, they could already learn those that work badly from those who are going well.Collecting them in the pharmacy would be the best, they would not save all unnecessary trips to the health center.But until they are forced at the national level as a step with the electronic recipe, in Castilla y León for Leo less I do not think that he improves anything.We have had the electronic recipe for two days when in other communities they have been.Here there is no hard and there is very poorly managed there are things that are fatal.
In my opinion, what they should do is pass the health powers to the State again, so we would all be the same.And it would save a lot of money because there are many things that are done repeated in each community.

Yessica_A
10/09/2017 9:49 a.m.

Totally agree @"Yesssica_a", at least we would all have the same health rights and there would be more competitive prices in medical material.
I still have no electric recipe because my doctor does not want.As I go monthly for needles and strips, I take advantage for recipes.But that supposes 2 hours of waiting in the consultation (always accumulates delay) the nurse is maja and sneaks me down without appointment to give me the material.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2017 7:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.