{'en': 'Travel with diabetes to another continent', 'es': 'Viajar con diabetes a otro continente'} Image

Travel with diabetes to another continent

Maritxu22's profile photo   10/21/2016 3:52 p.m.

Very good !!Next month Mark 25 days to Chile on vacation (I leave from Madrid).I wanted to ask you several things:
- Theme Airport: I have only traveled in Europe and they have never told me anything about insulin or glucometer, but for this trip the header has made me a document justifying what I have.Do you know if they usually put hut or if something else is necessary?Because I will wear plenty of strips, I say how insurance for throwing them to the trash or something ...

- How have you adjusted slow insulin?I put it in the morning.There are 5 hours less, I had thought about doing it in two days, the previous one and the day of the plane.

- How do you do with food?To calculate the hydrates, since I will eat a lot of sandwich and in restaurants.

- The first 5 days I will be in the Atacama desert.Do you know if insulin needs change from altitude?(The town where we sleep is at 2500 and we will make excursions at heights of 4000 meters).

I'm going to do trekking and hiking so I hope I don't get very out of control since sport helps me a lot to stabilize.

Greetings!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/21/2016 3:52 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22 I recommend that you read this topic Link Tecas explains in quite detail the recommendations, there are even certified templates that you can use.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/21/2016 4:09 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Thank you !!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/21/2016 4:25 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.