{'en': 'Letter from a mother of a diabetic child to her pediatric endocrine', 'es': 'Carta de una madre de un niño diabético a su endocrino pediatra'} Image

Letter from a mother of a diabetic child to her pediatric endocrine

fer's profile photo   10/22/2016 11:42 p.m.

When they diagnosed my son with 4 years Diabetes mellitus type 1, we never thought it was such a hard disease, in which he had to do hair glycemia (click on the fingertips) of about ten to twelve times a day, andPut from five to seven insulins a day.

For eight months we were totally lost, since the endocrine that had touched us at the Public Hospital of Oviedo did not teach us to calculate, despite hydrates, or how we should face the disease so that my son had a healthy and normal life.Until with the help of the Association of Diabetics of Asturias (ASDIPAS) we were advised to change the endocrinology service of the San Agustín de Avilés hospital.

There, Dr. Isolina Riaño Galán together with Cristina Rodríguez Delhi and her team, Ana and Begoña, taught us to control the diabetes of our son, with a good diabetological education, weighing hydrates, adjusting insulins ... Total dedication, often extra -limiting themselvesIn time with SMS, WhatsApp and infinite patience.

Isolina, from here to thank you for everything you have taught us so that my son makes a normal life, despite the hardness of his illness.Also thank you for the important work that you do organizing and collaborating in the camps of diabetic children, so that these children tomorrow have their own autonomy and learn to be free in their status as diabetics, disconnecting from their parents, often obsessed withThe control of sugar, and acquiring responsibilities and being consistent with the decisions they make when injecting insulin.

Also thank you for the tireless fight you do so that all children have insulin pumps and quality needles.

I hope that this new stage in HUCA serves to continue helping so many parents that we need it, and continue to train good professionals, which is missing in this complicated world of children's diabetes.

We will always be grateful.

Erika Poulen Rodero

fer's profile photo
fer
10/22/2016 11:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello ... I am interestedand avoiding a hypo for the moment did not have hypoglycemia but if 380 peaks and there I entered with almost 600.They are forming me and giving all disease information to do my best when they are discharged that they say surely will be at the end of this week.I want support 😥

sanygo's profile photo
sanygo
11/30/2020 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

SANYGO, I think it is fer who transcribes Erika's letter, it is not she who publishes in this forum: '(

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/30/2020 5:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

This is @sanygo, it's as commented @Alberto_13, now I don't remember exactly how Erika's letter came to me, I thought I had to share it with everyone.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/30/2020 6:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I understand thanks

sanygo's profile photo
sanygo
11/30/2020 9:05 p.m.

Lady, Erika, writes Alfredo Herrera, from Venezuela, first I congratulate her, for being the mother of a child who has a mother who cares about him, and who put on (the skates) and went ahead with her son to find the groupsSupport is important and finding an endocrine, with a vocation, is much more important, because the doctor is the one who guides and enchants the patient.My younger sister has just debuted with T2 diabetes, and I can't help her and offer her my shoulder, because she is in the United States and I in Venezuela and I can only call her and ask her how we are practically incommunicado, delight thanks to the life thatYou are next to your son and can help you, greetings Lady Erika, Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
12/07/2020 4:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.