Medical material shipping from the US

albertot's profile photo   10/26/2016 12:34 p.m.

Hello colleagues.I am behind a second -hand insulin bomb, as you know.

I see that the whole market is in the US and prices there are much smaller.I consider buying the bomb in the US but I am very afraid of the shipment ... It is a medical material ... I do not know if I would have problems crossing customs in Spain.

Does anyone have experience with this topic?Have you bought Dexcom sensors or something in the US and can you advise me?

Thanks

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/26/2016 12:34 p.m.

I have never bought medical material, but many other things.

Surely they will sell it to you?Where do you buy it?

Pq If it is eBay type, they will send it as a normal package and you will not have problems, if it is a pharmaceutical company I do not think it will stop it, they will have some kind of authorization.

Pay for PayPal, to ensure the purchase and luck, if they stop you, you will have to pay an amount, I do not know which one, and if not at home you will have the bomb.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/26/2016 12:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They will stop it surely depending on where it comes and depending on the price or size.I have bought reactive strips by eBay and without problem.You can talk to the seller and if the package is small to ask you to catalog it as a gift and declare you a small amount of money, in plan 20 dollars.

I can recommend a company called Shipito, buy as if you were in the US and they forward you the package that I think you can put it as you want to get well.I have not used it but my friends have done very well.

On the subject that it is medical products, not being medications I do not think it supposes you a lot of problem.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/26/2016 1:56 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thanks for the answers.

The seller is an individual with whom I have contacted through an American forum.If I pay with PayPal;Am I covered if I will not send me the article?No?.

The truth is that "I would not mind" to pay VAT (although being a second hand I suppose it does not proceed) if they stop me in customs.What scares me, is to throw it back because they are medical material.Ok, it is not a medically, but in the end it is medical material.I don't know whether to say it put in the envoi that is something electronics ... an MP3 ???

Thanks

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/26/2016 2:11 p.m.

Albertot said:
Thanks for the answers.

The seller is an individual with whom I have contacted through an American forum.If I pay with PayPal;Am I covered if I will not send me the article?No?.

The truth is that "I would not mind" to pay VAT (although being a second hand I suppose it does not proceed) if they stop me in customs.What scares me, is to throw it back because they are medical material.Ok, it is not a medically, but in the end it is medical material.I don't know whether to say it put in the envoi that is something electronics ... an MP3 ???

Thankss

With PayPal if he ships with an empty box there will be the problem because he will demonstrate that he has sent it.You will pay tariff taxes depending on the value that has been put and they estimate timely if they are moving.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/26/2016 9:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for your advice !!I will tell you how the thing ends if I end up deciding ...

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/26/2016 9:52 p.m.

Albertot said:
Thank you for your advice !!I will tell you how the thing ends if I end up deciding ...

I am one of those who think that he does not risk does not win;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/26/2016 10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If it is an individual of a forum, you are little covered the truth, but it depends on what charges you then, I do not think I sent you an empty package, it has never happened to me, but it can send you something that is not what you really want.

If there is little that asks you to buy it, that you lose € 30 -50 € If it is more money, think about it, and try to buy it through a via eBay platform, you will be more covered.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/27/2016 9:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.