Coca-Cola and Pepsi pay millions so that they are not linked to diabetes

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo   10/10/2016 12:05 p.m.

Eye, that one of the associations that has received the most money is the US Diabetics Association
Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/10/2016 12:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
For now I mean that neither the ADA nor the JDRF are being "silenced" by Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/10/2016 12:20 p.m.

You are going to hit me (as always) but there I go: this is a bit like smoking, you do it because you want.And caffeine addiction is not comparable to that created by tobacco.

People who take care of their diet and bother a minimum to review what Come knows that Cocacola is a guide and try not to drink it or that when they drink it it is zero.I did this before being diabetic because I took care of me and using Google is 2 minutes.

In the can clearly puts that it has more than 40g of sugars, so you know what you are taking.

It would be curious that they put something similar to tobacco in the cans, "Cocacola produces diabetes and fattening" and photos of obese taking metformin.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 4:15 p.m.

artories said:
you will hit me (as always) but there I go: this is a bit like smoking, you do it because you want.And caffeine addiction is not comparable to that created by tobacco.

People who take care of their diet and bother a minimum to review what Come knows that Cocacola is a guide and try not to drink it or that when they drink it it is zero.I did this before being diabetic because I took care of me and using Google is 2 minutes.

In the can clearly puts that it has more than 40g of sugars, so you know what you are taking.

It would be curious that they put something similar to tobacco in the cans, "the cocacola produces diabetes and fattening" and photos of obese taking metformin.

Very few people read what it puts in the containers, but even knowing the amount of sugar practically no one relates it to obesity or diabetes (we start that few know what diabetes is)

Con_Q_de_quimica
10/10/2016 8:34 p.m.

But it is that in the US you drink cocacola giant vessels and bottles.A bottle of ours seems a miniature., And obesity is already endemic there ..
Here, half cocacola can go very well for a hiccup.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2016 8:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
but in the US giant cocacola glasses and bottles are drink.A bottle of ours seems a miniature., And obesity is already endemic there ..
Here, half cocacola can go very well for a hicc.

The issue is not that it is good or bad (as everything depends on the dose), the problem is the lack of information on the effects of continuing consumption, and bribery to different organisms and associations so that this continues.

I do not understand the psychosis that surrounds the transgenics (although it is hyper-denied that they are safe) and that this is not important ...

Con_Q_de_quimica
10/10/2016 8:43 p.m.

Thanks for the notices, this
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/13/2016 8:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

To overcome a downturn of glucose it is phenomenal to take a (normal) tail, that sugar goes up in record time!So I'm not going to criticize much, much ... :)) :)) :)) :))

fer's profile photo
fer
10/13/2016 3:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not criticize it much either, that I am very fan of cocacola, because there is light and because the normal has avoided revenue from hypos with gastroenteritis ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2016 10:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I don't criticize it much either, I am very fan of cocacola, because there is light and because the normal has avoided revenue from hypos with gastroenteritis ...

I repeat one of my previous messages: the question is not that it is good or bad (which, as everything depends on the dose), the problem is the lack of information on the effects of continuing consumption, and bribery to different organisms and associationsso that this continues.

It can be useful in certain circumstances, yes, and there are also sugar versions.But "bribe" so that its sugary version is disconnected from the increase in cases of type 2 diabetes and obesity is an abominable practice.

Something similar happened with lead fuels, today by law they cannot carry it and thanks to that many deaths and terrible diseases have been avoided.Although fuels are useful and we all use them, that the oil industry tries to cover up the problem of lead at the cost of health around the world could cost us very very expensive.

Con_Q_de_quimica
10/13/2016 11:06 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica True is that the bad is what they have done to hide the problems that can generate this type of drinks, I reproduce news:

Coca-Cola and Pepsi paid diabetes associations to hide the danger of excess sugar

They spent more than six million dollars in four years on 'lobby' shares

Two researchers at Boston have shown that the main manufacturers of sugary sodas, Pepsi and Coca-Cola, have passed at least four years-from 2011 to 2014-sponsoring foundations and health organizations and making 'lobby' against legislative proposalsaimed at reducing the consumption of soft drinks.Only in that period 6 million dollars have been spent.

His findings, published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, add to the scandal that shook Coca-Cola in 2015, when The New York Times echoed that he had financed a scientific association to spread the message that it was the foulof exercise and not poor diet responsible for the world obesity epidemic.

concealment maneuvers

Coca-Cola and her competitor Pepsi has dedicated himself to making maneuvers to avoid what the study authors call "a sincere commitment to improve public health."Companies have worked on two fronts: pay for scientific associations and make lobby -with groups such as the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of Commissible Manufacturers (GMA) -continue legislative measures that could affect them.Specifically, there were 27 proposals against those who voted in different US states, especially referring to labeling, restriction in number of purchases and taxes.

Special Objective Diabetics

The authors of the study especially called the attention that two of the economic aid receptors by these companies were the American Diabetes Association and the Foundation of Youth Diabetes Research.
Diabetes Care magazine published in 2010 a meta -analysis in which the clear association between the consumption of sugary soft drinks and the prevalence of diabetes, one of the most important risk factors for cardiovascular disease was revealed.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/15/2016 11:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.