Very high glycemia.Insulin does not work ??

Fernandafm's profile photo   10/28/2016 6:19 p.m.

Good, I have some doubts some time ago and I would like to help me.Some time ago I have been with very high glycemia.Being sincere, like everything.Every time as something with sugar (things like ice cream, sugary cereals, chocolates, etc.) I usually inject.Before I injected according to my need and all good, I kept at stable levels, but lately I had to inject many units (excessive units I find, since I have never had to inject so many units at once!) AndI still arrive very high after eating these things.I also have doubts about the place where I inject myself, since I have never put insulin in another place other than the abdomen .. I really do not know if that has something to do with these climbs.I am afraid that my glycosylated hemoglobin leaves very high (I have never had more than 7.0 of this, and in 1 week I have to make it).It would be great if they can help me, this topic has very complicated.:-(

Fernandafm's profile photo
Fernandafm
10/28/2016 6:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Could it be that the insulin ratio that you need for each ration of carbohydrates has increased?That when always injecting in the belly you are doing it in some lipodystrophy and therefore does not absorb well?What basal is it?
Is it difficult to know how to fly, why don't you consult it with your medical staff?
I certainly would try other injection areas, even if it is only so as not to mistreat the abdomen so much.And I would talk to the endocrine or educator.And at the moment I would try to avoid the food you see that they are not going well.
I hope I have served something :)

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
10/28/2016 10:12 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Do you get slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2016 10:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If your diet is based on swelling what we can do in its justifying, taking into account glycemia before .. whether or not it will be done any exercise that helps neutralize that sugar and calculate exactly the insulin dose I agreed to therationsWhat did you expect to be in acceptable blood glucose?Insulin is not the panacea and it is not to put the insulin that I want and eat the amount that pleases me.Come on, I suppose you will take little with those excesses because otherwise miraculous is to have a 7th hem.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
10/29/2016 1:38 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi La Glico if you have many peaks up and many down if you can leave without any problem.But come on, I totally agree with everything you say, diabetes must be taken, we can eat everything in its fair measure.Another thing is that there would be an insulin of totally immediate effect and that we put a UD and go down suddenly for example 50mg, because it would be a past to have a bomb and play like this, but this dream will not exist.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/29/2016 11:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I agree with @Luvi and @Fer, eat everything, especially sweets, it is not at all an adequate control of diabetes.
Start by limiting sweets and controlling the rest of the hydrates, you will see how you get better glycemia values.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/30/2016 5:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.