{'en': 'Diabetic debut', 'es': 'Debut diabético'} Image

Diabetic debut

elenax80's profile photo   09/17/2017 8:31 p.m.

Good afternoon,

My son debuted with almost 700 glucose, pH 7.02 and ketoacidosis 7.

With two years and nine months, the pediatrician tested for the streptococcus and told us that they were plates in his throat, I send home with ibippofreno, despite all the symptoms that we indicated: drink a lot of water, enter with the pants fullPis, I was fatigued and ate a lot, the next day I went very serious in the ICU.

The pediatrician is wrong in the diagnosis and did not even bother to call to ask if the child had left the ICU (since it was informed).

I would like to know, if your children happened to your children.

Thank you and I await some response.

Thank you!

elenax80's profile photo
elenax80
09/17/2017 8:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"Elenax80", I am also a child of a child who debuted 2 months ago with 1 year and 9 months.Luckily, he diagnosed him recently started with diabetes, with 355 glucose but without ketoacidosis.Now we only have to learn a lot and take care of our children, that despite the difficulties we find, we will surely go ahead and our children would be happy.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/17/2017 10:59 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Hello, good day, my son debuted a year and a half, with abundant urine and tiredson, but we have learned to live with diabetes, always supporting us with our doctor, greetings

sebastianmx's profile photo
sebastianmx
09/17/2017 11:33 p.m.

I diagnosed her on time so it seemed like a urine infection.Well, because I insisted and took her for two days to the pediatrician.
, But children develop symptoms very quickly and many enter the ICU

Although in your case, having such clear symptoms, it should have made an urine strip. It was very easy.
I do not understand how with those symptoms they may not diagnose them, because it is very serious.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/18/2017 3:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The truth is that I am left without words to the readers, with how easy and simple it is to do a glucose test.Every time I realize the luck we had with the pediadra.
In my daughter's case, her pediatrician feared it as soon as I told her the symptoms, we went a Thursday afternoon, she asked us for a complete and urgent glucose test for the next day, and before leaving the consultation we alreadyHe guess that if he was elevated, we called her and direct to the hospital.Post misfortune was not mistaken.That same Friday at nine in the morning my daughter ingested with a glucose of 325, a 13.8 hemo, dehydrate, but without ketoacidosis.The doctors could not believe that he was like that with the hem he had.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/18/2017 10:10 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Elenax80.
I hope your baby is already recovering, I have my son was diagnosed 2 years ago and with the grieving process I had the opportunity to approach several parents with children with the same diagnosis, I will tell him that Kike debuts almost exactly the same as his son 7Days at the UCI to baby non -endocrinologists but pediatricians were looking for lung infection and did not look at the symptoms of our friend until I arrived at the ChildrenChildren, already late because he was 15 days in ICU, I think doctors in general are not so related to the search for diabetes in children and there are cases like these.But I end up telling him that both Kike and Karlita are fighter children and every time we see each other are happy and know how to handle the disease very well so surely you will have the same story.
A hug

9406 's profile photo
09/19/2017 12:02 a.m.

There is a lot of a potato, above all, those of general medicine, to me, or say it when I had the test another person and I had left 530 mg/dl did not believe me and made fun of the nurse, because the day before IHe had diagnosed 'stress'.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
10/04/2017 8:21 p.m.

Hello!
My son debuted with 385 without ketoacidosis, 8 months ago, with 5 years.
I had not eaten almost anything, I saw that I did not have the same energy as the other children of their age ... and I took him to the doctor many times for those symptoms ... as I was inside the percentile they ignored me.Even a year before his debut, he spent a week with very high fever and they assured me that it was a viral picture ... I have had moments of despair, to see that my son was happening to something and not knowing what ... until qOne day I noticed that I had 2 days urinating very often and it did not seem normal and when taking it to the pediatrician it gave me the painful news.He told me that he was sure that he was very little that was diabetic and that he tells me right away.Now that he is already diagnosed and I see the reactions he has when he has hypos or hyper, I think that my son was already a diabetic more than 2 years ago PQ reminds me of so many things that happened to him and no doctor saw .... how impotence when as a motherYou see what something happens to your child and not know what it is !!

Elenax80 said:
good afternoon,

With two years and nine months, the pediatrician tested for the streptococcus and told us that they were plates in his throat, I send home with ibippofreno, despite all the symptoms that we indicated: drink a lot of water, enter with the pants fullPis, I was fatigued and ate a lot, the next day I went very serious in the ICU.

The pediatrician is wrong in the diagnosis and did not even bother to call to ask if the child had left the ICU (since it was informed).

Thank you!

Elenax80 said:
good afternoon,

Thank you!

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/05/2017 12:31 a.m.

Wow Elenax80, the truth there are times that the doctors are a disaster .. I last 27 kilos in two months, I was very thirsty, a lot of hunger, a lotHe drank a lot and that if he was hungry then he ate.Well, I would watch what it ate, and if I kept so in a few months, the truth gavea real and buyed diagnosis .. in greeting and luck!

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/05/2017 12:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.