{'en': 'Hyperglycemia after breakfast?', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia despues del desayuno??'} Image

Hyperglycemia after breakfast?

Maxiro's profile photo   11/03/2016 3:08 a.m.

Hello,

Someone can please recommend what to do, my teenage son uses Lantus at night and novorapid before meals.

Wake up with good glycemia of 110-130, then breakfast and glycemia shoots more than 250 despite insulin.

I already tried by clicking 15 or 20 minutes before breakfast but still uploads, increases the UI, he goes up.

It's like he has resistance in those hours.

The rest of the day from lunch is controlled.

Someone knows what I can do to improve, I can't take the CH because it is growing, so I am very worried.

Thank you so much!

Maxiro's profile photo
Maxiro
11/03/2016 3:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning, the same thing happened to me a few months ago.That is because the Lantus no longer covers 24 hours.What time does it put it on?They changed my insulin, now as basal insulin there are two very good new ones, I advise you to go to the endocrine and advise you.

Canti_ara's profile photo
Canti_ara
11/03/2016 7:49 a.m.

If Lantus gets at night, at breakfast would still have to work perfectly.I would ask him, the 250 peak how long he has it, because if he is 1 hour and then he lowers him and the rest of the morning is well in target, I do not see him a major problem.And the second, which is what regularly breakfast.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/03/2016 8:28 a.m.

Hi Maxiro, the same thing happens to me, breakfast gives me some brutal peaks.I get up well, breakfast = peak and then at 2h I am perfect.First reassure you because I have commented several times with my endocrine and tells me that if at 2 hours I am fine that I do not worry.Which are the "inconveniences" of having a continuous meter (until I put on the free I did not discover the peak since at 2h I am perfect) and that it cannot be perfect and pretend to always be in the blue truck.

And if the rest of the day is well that peak has nothing to do with the slow.I suppose it is a rapid sensitivity issue at that time in the morning.

But it is true that despite the fact that the endocrine takes importance to me that peak touches my noses and I have tried everything to eliminate it.I have looked for a breakfast with a lot of fiber (the "cereals" these that are like brown straws) to slow down the absorption of hydrates and mixed with slow absorption hydrates (oats).But it doesn't matter, as soon as I neglect I get up to 250.

I have advanced the insulin set, at breakfast I put it half an hour before but it still comes out peak.When I have a continuous meter, one day I have tried to wait 45-50 min before breakfast and look at the free how the graph begins and then recovers touching the hypo (or entering slightly) to climb up to 150 or so.This I tell but of course it is to play with fire so it is not recommended.I have only done it as an experiment and being very pending.If for whatever it is, you get rid of something else in those 45 min later you can lite it fat.But I tell it so you can see that it is not a problem of advancing the puncture, the thing improves but does not eliminate it.And the risk does not compensate.

My solution has almost completely eliminate breakfast hydrates.Now breakfast a French omelette of a couple of eggs with cheese, some dry fruit and a yogurt.In total 0.5 RAC of HC.And I smell 1 quickly, more to stop the morning upward trend than for breakfast hydrates.But of course I am 40 years old and I do not need the energy of a growing kid.

In any case, there are recent studies that denies the theory that breakfast is the most important food of the day.I want to say that if the rest of the day it feeds well, you are probably covered by your hydrates needs with the rest of the meals and nothing happens to reduce it at breakfast.

juanra's profile photo
juanra
11/03/2016 9:04 a.m.

@juanra totally according to everything you have commented, exactly the same thing happened to me, I had breakfast and as the food came well because perfect until I started using free and saw the piece of curve !!I have solved it, not always or totally, removing the fruit and limiting the milk to the minimum expression with a coffee.

As for the insulin resistance of the mornings I have a theory but it is "my theory."I believe that when you spend many hours without clicking quickly such as the section between dinner and breakfast in which more than 10 hours can spend, fast insulin makes less effect;I say it because now it is happening to me in the mornings that breakfast at 07:15 with my fast dose and then until 15 hours I do not put my insulin quickly (8 hours between fast and fast) in the food and I am seeingI need much more insulin and avoid many hydrates to not have hyper after eating.And I say this because on weekends that breakfast at 10 and at about 3 (5 hours between fast and fast) it does not usually happen to me or when in the middle of the morning I had to correct with 1U because you are high later in the food I need lessFast insulin.In the end

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/03/2016 9:39 a.m.

My daughter is now 14 years old and we have the same problem.As you have said this we know for free.We have been increasing slowly, it puts it at night, but the breakfast is inevitable, and we do not get rid of hypos at night, we leave the slow one in two parts, but we are still the same, in the end a private endo, the Dr.Ampudia (which we had to resort to the incompetent of social security) proposed to increase the rapid breakfast and not put insulin in lunch, until we had the change of slow, yesterday it worked.We will see as of today how it goes, since it is with Tresiba from last night.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/03/2016 11:28 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares you will tell me how it goes to Maria with Tresiba, to have reasons and reasons to ask the change ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/03/2016 1:46 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you for your comments, the truth is that we are new, and I am quickly despair, I will try to give less fruit and make less CH, I will increase a little more protein.Thank you!!

Maxiro's profile photo
Maxiro
11/03/2016 2 p.m.

Juanra, I think you are right, if I get the Ch of breakfast, I don't think anything happens if you compensate for the rest of the day.Thank you.I will

Maxiro's profile photo
Maxiro
11/03/2016 2:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.