{'en': 'Worried about my son', 'es': 'Preocupado por mi hijo'} Image

Worried about my son

Dalu's profile photo   09/20/2017 11:07 a.m.

Hello,

For a few days and without changing insulin parameters or rations, my son after meals rises to about 200 approx.

On more occasions and other times it does not arrive, but then it goes down and between hours we have to give it a cookie or something because it is going straight to do hypoglycemia, all day we spend feeding small portions and yetIt begins to climb without stopping until rising with 200 or more, today it has been the worst day, 282.

I worry that this produces sequelae and I do not understand it, because a few weeks ago we had controlled it and without changing anything we found this.

I need help and advice.

Thanks in advance!

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/20/2017 11:07 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

If it helps you, Levemir 1 UD.In the morning and novorapid 4 at breakfast and 3 at food and dinner

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/20/2017 11:08 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

From what I have seen that you have put in other comments it seems that it is on the honeymoon yet and at that time weird things happen because the body still produces some insulin.You may be producing less and less insulin.
I believe that the nights is due to lack of slow.The Levemir may not cover it well 24 hours.The climb after meals may be that the rapid takes effect later than the glucose peak of the meals.Sometimes it takes effect at the 2 hours of putting it (it happens to me a lot).You can try to put the quick one a little before starting to eat (if it is not just when it reaches meals).Start with 10 minutes before, then 15 until you see what is best.And as for the slow thing, it is best to talk to the doctor because if they give it downturn between meals it is not a good option to upload it, the doctor sends you to change it time to cover the night better.If you have the option of calling you or contact by email, do it and tell you what to do.And but then try to meet you as soon as possible to adjust it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/20/2017 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

We have already talked to our diabetes educator and they have given us an appointment today with the endocrine at 2nd. Let's see what he tells us because he has this worried, @"Yesssica_a" Insulin already puts it 10 ninutes before meals andUntil a couple of weeks ago the nights were perfect.The monitor marked us a straight line that had us amazed.But the thing was annoyed

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/20/2017 11:59 a.m.

Unfortunately this is so, it is very difficult to maintain a pattern for many days in a row.Apart from what YESSICA has already told you, also keep in mind the hormonal changes and a thing that, at least takes me to my head, is the growth hormone, and that raises it at night.
And as for the waiting time, in the case of my daughter it depends on each meal, at breakfast for example 50 min need, this is how we have been able to avoid the peak of after breakfast.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/20/2017 12:32 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

These things happen and more on the honeymoon.But if you see the endocrine you will make an adjustment and you will see how it is very fast again.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/20/2017 12:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

You have to learn to go up insulin as you ask for it.
Children need more insulin as they grow, until they reach doses of adults.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2017 11:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I've been with diabetes for 32.There are seasons that have the same thing for a long time, you have to correct when it happens, check the glucose and add more insulin to stabilization.On sequels, I've been adding this type of increases for many years, trying to always be in values, for the moment I have not perceived any.

Kind regards

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
09/20/2022 4:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.