{'en': 'Diabetes graphene patch', 'es': 'Parche de grafeno para la diabetes'} Image

Diabetes graphene patch

fer's profile photo   10/19/2016 8:14 p.m.

Controlling glucose levels without having to resort to puncture is a dream of many patients and doctors.

Now, a material like the newcomer of the future, graphene, can measure the amount of blood sugar.

The researchers, directed by Dae Hyeong, have taken another step, by adding microagujas capable of administering, through the skin, the necessary dose of an antidiabetic (metformin), when glucose levels rise.

The transparent bracelet appearance there are several integrated chips that measure glucose levels.

It is the only device approved by US health authorities.

The researchers point out that graphene is a material with great potential to be used in electronic devices of this type, as it is flexible, it conducts electricity, and can be soft, fine and transparent.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2016 8:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Is that patch available in Venezuela?Prices?

Cyb7's profile photo
Cyb7
10/20/2016 2:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But this is not yet in the market, right?It is still in the investigation phase.

The paste that I see is that it detects high values ​​and inoculate your medication, but what happens with hypoglycemia?Don't you detect them?

morgana's profile photo
morgana
10/20/2016 10:41 a.m.

Let's see if they will use it as a meter, it would be like a second skin

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2016 1:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This publication I see since 2016 but I do not see that they are marketing it does anyone know more about it?

Yenira's profile photo
Yenira
01/16/2020 4:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.