Please advice to eat in pre diabetes?

sella's profile photo   09/21/2017 6:03 a.m.

Hello, I have been investigating, that I can eat but I would like your experience to tell me more or less than things to avoid and what can I eat if I have pre-diabetes, in addition my case is special because I am not fat only weight 56 ​​kg and 1.68 tallSo I am low and I would not like to lose weight more, on the contrary I would like to get weight, in my country there is something called corn arepas, can I eat them?or breakfast that they recommend me?Sapayo castings?In lunch and dinner I have reduced the portion of white rice and introduced more vegetables and more protein but I still eat it daily (rice) do I do badly?I am a little confused with the food since they still do not send me where a nutritionist, the doctor only told me to avoid everything that has sugar, and the flours, I hope your help thanks ....

sella's profile photo
sella
09/21/2017 6:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good day friend @Sella, here most are insulin -dependent diabetics, counting rations of carbohydrates and clicking the respective dose of insulin we can eat everything.From the diet for pre-diabetics 2 I don't know anything.As for corn, I think it is a highly recommended cereal because it has a lot of fiber and a glycemic index much less than rice, for example.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/21/2017 10:36 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
good day friend @Sella, here most are insulin -dependent diabetics, counting rations of carbohydrates and clicking the respective dose of insulin we can eat everything.From the diet for pre-diabetics 2 I don't know anything.As for corn, I think it is a highly recommended cereal because it has a lot of fiber and a glycemic index much less than rice, for example.

He thanks, I hope I do not get to that, who in another post has told me more or less to eat and I will take that into account, the only bad thing is that since I cannot inject or take pills, I have to eat more "ugly" things "So no white rice if not integral, more protein and more vegetables and fruits, etc., with respect to corn I had read that everything that contains corn rises a lot of sugar so I would not know yet xD ...

sella's profile photo
sella
09/21/2017 5:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes you have good controls, you will gain a little because you are going to take advantage of everything you eat, without eliminating glucose through the urine

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2017 7:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.