{'en': '[Achieved]: The beautiful initiative of a child suffering from diabetes to fulfill his dream', 'es': '[CONSEGUIDO]: La hermosa iniciativa de un niño que padece diabetes para cumplir su sueño'} Image

[Achieved]: The beautiful initiative of a child suffering from diabetes to fulfill his dream

fer's profile photo   10/20/2016 3:21 p.m.

This child began his beautiful initiative when he was 4 years old and this week he has finally achieved it.

His name is Aiden Heath, he is 8 years old and when he was 4 he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

One day in his home in Waitsfield (Vermont) he learned that there are trained dogs to help control glucose levels in people.

Since that day, encouraged by his mother Jenni Heath, the child began a wonderful initiative to try to get a dog that detects sugar ascent.

Each service dog has a cost of about $ 15,000 and AIDEN, armed with a red cart, began to raise coins.

The child's story began to be known and in April the child had already raised $ 9,000.A campaign was published on social networks and on one night the child raised more than $ 20,000.

The power of social networks was seen and the child was about to get his dream.Gathering with a companion dog that would help him with his problem.

A few days ago a dog named "Angel" arrived at the family's house with a coach and began their friendship.

“We are very surprised by the support samples.He is feeling love ... There are no words, ”explained the young man's mother.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/20/2016 3:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Nice history.I didn't know they were so expensive xD !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
10/20/2016 5:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For that money you buy the continuous meter and adopt a dog

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2016 5:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
for that money you buy the continuous meter and adopt a dog

Totally agree ... although we must not lose sight of the fact that the highlight of the story is what the child has done to get the dog!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/20/2016 5:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I keep the comment not to liar it, so I will simply say that I think like @regina

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/20/2016 11:16 p.m.

To me the initiative seems to me of an adult, but the dream and the illusion of the child, yes :-) and it is fine that adults push and support so that children fulfill their dreams.

As for the comments that with that money you buy a continuous meter and adopt a dog, I totally agree, but there is a problem: when you adopt a dog, if you want it to help you with the blood glucose issues, you have toTrain it, and that has to be paid with money.The continuous meter is also paid with money (social security, for the moment, does not finance it).And not everyone has money for one thing or for the other.
And, the most subtle, and for what I think this is news: if people understand the child's dream, if they are able to put in their place, they support it.If people see that a child asks for money to buy a continuous meter, does not support it (the great dough), because they do not enter their hearts, because they are not able to put in the child's place with that need, but that yes thatThey are able to understand that a child's dream is to have a dog to accompany him and take care of him in part.That seems to me the question.Simply how to get to people ...

Hugs :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
10/21/2016 5:25 p.m.

Well, I do not have a dog, which I love, because then I am very sad not to be able to take it with me on a trip because they do not allow them to enter many places.
For me they are impressive and if I knew that with these pets, which I think they have their recognition as help dogs, but I am not sure, as for the blind people who can enter everywhere those of the blind, perhaps I would consider buyingone.
Someone leaves me sometimes that goes on a trip and I spend it better than him, hehehe.
I don't know if there are all races or price, but it is also true that I do not change it for the Dexcom.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/21/2016 6:26 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have a dog that not only does not detect the hypos but that as soon as it gives me a descent and as fruit or something sweet it is the Quito hahahaha but I love him more than anything in the world and is my faithful partner for 6 years,And I take a trip without problem @jconegar is small of course.For the issue of glycemia, I keep freestyle although it is undoubtedly an endearing story!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/25/2016 12:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri are considered those of blind people who can pass everywhere?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/25/2016 12:18 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I guess those who help control diabetes yes @jconegar but mine is a normal dog

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/25/2016 12:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.