{'en': 'Carlos Sobera: "Diabetes is a battle for a lifetime"', 'es': 'Carlos Sobera: “La diabetes es una batalla para toda la vida”'} Image

Carlos Sobera: "Diabetes is a battle for a lifetime"

fer's profile photo   10/23/2016 4:03 p.m.

Carlos Sobera is one of the best known presenters of the small screen, although few know that he lives conditioned by type 2 diabetes.

The Biscay actor was diagnosed in the first quarter of the year 2011. Since then, he has been forced to take care of the maximum because "diabetes must be planted battle every day."

Many people may not know, but you are type 2 diabetic. What does this disease mean for you?When did they diagnose and how has life changed?

I was diagnosed in the last quarter of 2011, in a routine analysis.And man, of course he changes your life because, suddenly, he imposes the obligation for life to take care of yourself not extremely but important.

Apart from taking medication and having to periodically submit to analysis to verify how things go, you have to change your life regime in two fundamental aspects.

One is the dietary and the other the vital, in the sense that you have to try to exercise and sport and lose a few kilos of weight.All that alters you.And then, on a day -to -day basis, even if you make a normal life, you have to try not to eat everything that you want, but rather the opposite, and be physically fit.

You have talked about the factors that led you to type 2 diabetes. Stress, poor diet ...?

Diabetes diagnose me, and probably sprouts in me as a disease, at a time of 2011 very complicated because I was working on three fronts at the same time.It is the time when I am doing the first daily “catch one million” on Antena 3, which implied me two or three days of recording a week in Barcelona.I was at the same time doing the “Consumers” program in ETB in Bilbao and, in addition, I was going touring the entire country with the “The Rose War” function.It was a time of great stress, stress of the worst.Not of excess work but in a hurry to get here and there.The fact of combining the three works at the same time caused me a very strong physical and emotional stress and I was already a 50 -year -old man, an age proclaims the appearance of the disease.In addition, I had a very bad diet because I ate where I could, as I could and also, I did not deprive me of anything ... and if I had to eat a chocolate palm tree, I ate it.

What would you tell people to be seen in the same situation as you?Have you conditioned the disease on a day -to -day basis?

To me.There are times when I still suffer from stress because the work that I have, unfortunately, is a bit like that, but I try to control it to the fullest.To people who have such a life, stress and poor diet, eating in hotels and bars 90 percent of the time, I would tell you that although I eat out of home and seem not, it is possible to choose some restaurants instead of othersand ensure that food is as healthy as possible.

I have also heard him say that the disease was an opportunity to take care of himself.Is that so?

Yes, even to introduce discipline in my life.Sometimes artists are a bit chaotic.It was discipline to take care of myself, because I have no choice.The medication at a certain time, physical exercise every day that is possible, food control ... All that introduces a discipline that often the artists do not have.We are very chaotic, it is our way of proceeding.I have thanked that discipline.

What is your food today?Do you eat healthy?

Yes, as healthy.There are things that I have completely eradicated as sugars.With meals that have a lot of starch, such as pasta or rice, I have tested to see what feels better and what worse.And I have proven that paste much better than rice.The rice, if how, is once a month, and the pasta is once a week, withmoderation and only with garlic and chilli.Neither tomatoes nor sauces nor anything at all.

What is never missing on your dish?And what can you do without problems?

The fruit is in moderation because fructose, although it does not do so much damage, you also have to moderate it.I really like the red fruit, which is also antioxidant, and I use nuts like nuts or hazelnuts a lot because they help regulate cholesterol and also diabetes.The vegetable is never missing, the legumes as in moderation but I love it, and I have had to reduce it to the minimum expression, but I am very paner, I love it and some license you have to allow you to not be so crowded.

Do you consume any type of food complement?

Depends.There are very specific moments in which, if I am subject to a very intense work rate, I take some vitamin complex.They provide enough vitamins so that the body is well when you cannot introduce these vitamins through food.But they are usually very specific moments, in a filming or in a very intense week of theater, with ten functions in seven days.There I take a vitamin complex.

It does sports regularly.What are you doing?

I try to walk every day of the week.It is what I like the most and the least bores me.I have not been an athlete but to play FUTBITO.I have always been a man of collective sports, in the individual I bore myself.I go for a walk to the dogs or right now that I am in San Sebastián, every day I go from the theater to the hotel.About 50 minutes of exercise between going and returning.In addition, at good speed.

What is your main motivation for sports?

Health, health and health.Burn sugar and allow the body to be healthy.Diabetes is a lifelong battle.You can reach 90 years and arrive perfectly even if you have diabetes.What you have to do is keep it at bay so that it does not harm your internal organs.Everyone who suffers diabetes What they have to keep in mind is that every day you have to fight against it.If you do not fight and it is not presented battle, there are usually many complications.

How is the public reception to the function in which you participate ‘The Minister’.What will see who approaches the theater this summer?

It is a thrilling and hilarious comedy.It is a pleasure to do it because the public begins by laughing moderately, but suddenly it begins to hint.And when we lead to paroxysm, the public reacts laughing at every thing that happens because it is a very funny comedy, very well written.He is thrilling, of a vertiginous rhythm that people do not let rest, gag after gag, situation after situation ... and when you see the public reacting that way, you feel like God, it is something wonderful.

What are your next professional challenges?

Right now I am aware of the issuance of the “I do that” program in Antena 3 or in La Sexta, of the Atresmedia Group, and of “Cosmos”, which is going to be broadcast in Mega and is a wonderful series in which I doThe presentation of each chapter in the style of what Morgan Freeman did in the United States.I am also waiting for the premiere of two films in which I have participated: "Blessed Calamity" and "Relaxing Cup of Café With Milk".

What is your recipe to be happy?

Have a lot of love and, in my case, I have it, with my wife and my daughters.Have many friends and like what you do, that you like your work.In my case, the profession to which I dedicate myself is almost more a way of life than a mode of survival.I love what I do and that gives me many good moments too.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/23/2016 4:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.