Insulin and strips to the United States

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/08/2016 10:02 p.m.

Hello everyone, I just found this forum, and the truth is that I am a lot and maybe here you can answer the doubts I have about insulin.

I am a 26 -year -old diabetic girl that I am living for a period of time in the United States.For now I have insulin because I brought enough, however, my plan after finishing here in the UnitedBe able to continue traveling later.I have been informing and such about insulin sending to the United States, and it seems that you cannot send begtions to this country.However, in other posts and other forums I have seen that people have sent this type of medicine to this country.For this reason I would like to know your experiences on this subject.Have you been able to send in an insulin package from Spain hasa the United States?

I appreciate any type of help or info that you can give me.

Thank you so much!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/08/2016 10:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @walyra, the insulin will go in the winery of a plane to a lot of degrees below zero ... although the customs could pass, I think it will spoil.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/08/2016 10:57 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answer @albertot, this morning I was reading a post of a boy who managed to make an insulin insulin box, and what I do not know worked is if in the end he sent insulin or not to there.Do you know of the tales who have done it?Thank you!

DiabetesForo
11/08/2016 11:26 p.m.

No @walyra ... only that has occurred to me, that the cold in the plane's winery was going to spoil.If you send it to an insulating box ... I don't know ... Let's see if any partner can tell you something.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/08/2016 11:49 p.m.

Thank you very much for your help equalmete @albertot!Let's see if someone saw this and could answer my questions.about sending insulin to the United States from Spain.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2016 4:38 p.m.

Walyra, and if you go to a health center, don't you prescribe it?Do you have to pay it whole?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2016 1:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My daughter wants to go to the US for a season, can you not surely cover insulin?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2016 2:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina here there is no social security, if you go to the doctor, the doctor prescribes the medicine.Clear.But, unless you have an insurance that covers you those medicines you need, you will not have a choice but to pay medicine.The other day I paid $ 200 for a cream.Luckily, insurance will reimburse me, but you have to make sure of that.

If your daughter wants to come for a long season and does not know how long she is going to stay, it is better to look for insurance to cover that.

Mine is travel insurance, so they only cover me what happens to me in the country.I brought my insulin in Spain, what I want to continue on this side of the world longer, and travel to other countries around here.That is why I should not make me insurance that covers me insulin in the US.More than anything because I will not be in this country.What I want is to take my insulin to all the countries to which I visit.And as I still have two months in the United States because I thought they could send me insulin here.But if your daughter comes, that a good insurance is sought.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2016 4:14 a.m.

Well, there must be some way to send insulin by plane, in an insulating packaging, to see if you can rise and tell us>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2016 9:11 p.m.

The safest and most convenient thing is to buy it there, in Walmart they sell you at a flat price but you will be much safer that that insulin is correct, do not worry that the trip may not be safe and you can be worse for your control, you should not "risk"On this theme @walyra, my flia lives there and when I travel, it is very difficult to make medications in, but being fine with the papers, I don't problem!I will let you know if you are interested, by the time, I will go, I could take something!forward and do not discourage and take care of your health !!!Sweet greeting>: d <

ani's profile photo
ani
11/12/2016 4 p.m.

@ani thank you very much for your comments!What do you mean that they sell it to you at a flat price?I don't understand what that means.As for what you could take to me something .. Of course I am interested!When would you travel?What part of the United States are you going?I am in the capital, Washington DC.I could send you insulin my mother to your home in Spain by mail and then you give it to me here.You would make me a favorazo !!

DiabetesForo
11/12/2016 4:30 p.m.

"Without ordinance" = flat price is to pay completely;Only my trip is suspended today for the change of government in the USA, I will wait until the next year, (it will not be much) and then we talk !!!I live in Belgie and it would be to put us from agreement c/your good mother, we'll see dear @ walyra, alone and always look that there is no need to match this dbts;take care of yourself and then tell us how you go !!! Bye, bye

ani's profile photo
ani
11/12/2016 5:13 p.m.

Ahh then then it cannot be haha, because I leave the country in Dicimbre, and I do not have the suffering money to buy here insulin, it is too expensive ... :(

DiabetesForo
11/12/2016 11:09 p.m.

Hello!A century ago I do not enter here but seeing this issue I have encouraged myself to comment.For my work, I spend the day managing medication transport.Ask in transport companies, DHL, Marken, TNT.They have systems to transport the medication at constant and controlled temperature with Tempale (it controls the temperature in a thermometer and you download it in an Excel to see if there have been rises or decreases).It has never frozen me, except once there was a cold wave and I stayed the package lying at the airport.It is possible that to pass it to the US, you need import license, I suppose that info can give you in the Couer.Anyway, you are always put in the Albarán that you are transporting empty boxes or with office material and pray so that they do not open it.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/27/2016 10:40 p.m.

Hello!I know this is an old thread but I would like to know how much amount of insulin you managed to take with you from Spain to the USThere for quite some time and, as I have read, you can't happen more than necessary for 90 days.I have contacted those of TSA, CBP and FDA but they are not able to answer something that clarifies me.
Thanks a lot!

ClaudiaES's profile photo
ClaudiaES
05/25/2018 11:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.