{'en': 'Freestyle free - I buy it or not?', 'es': 'Freestyle Libre - Me lo compro o no?'} Image

Freestyle free - I buy it or not?

JC1985's profile photo   10/23/2016 7:33 p.m.

Hello,

I know that there is a more created topic about this, if it bothers here I change it.I've been seeing your comments and wanted to know your opinion.After being thinking about it I will buy it, but I have some fears and I would like to know how you face them.

Is it easy for you to take your arm?It seems very fragile and I am afraid that while I go around the bed or something can fall.In the shower I was watching some of you bought bracelets, that's fine.

Are you happy with the device?Is it reliable or is far from reality?Well, thank you very much for listening to me.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
10/23/2016 7:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, sincerely ... buy it.The good thing about free freestyle is that with 60 euros salts of doubts.You buy a sensor and use it with the mobile (NFC).It is a very low investment, so that I would try.What do you like?You buy another sensor ... what don't you like?Do not lose anything ... that you get bored at any given time?You stop buying sensors ...

You will have the problem to "try" with other systems (real MCG, remember that free is not), where a more important investment is needed.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/23/2016 9:41 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Totally agree with @Pabloj2000, it's € 60 ... You don't lose "nothing" with trying it.It is not like other systems that require an important initial investment.In my case I can tell you that it worked quite well.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/24/2016 10:04 a.m.

I would try it .... I like it and you are freer, it is not reliable 100% but it is worth it, it is more I would buy my sensors so you can see if it is worth it, I think if, do not regret it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/24/2016 10:23 a.m.

I totally agree with what @Pabloj2000 says and that I think it is dexcomita, hehehe buy one or two sensors and use it with the mobile, if you like buy the pack with reader and two sensors that will be cheaper than ifyou buy it separately

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/24/2016 10:28 a.m.

Well, I think the same, although as Joseludi says I am also dexcomita hahaha.
There are people who do not know as they have done, if they have registered on the web or have made a purchase simulation and then do not buy, and then an email comes to give it one.
@joseludi carries it is the one that can best advise you what it does so that it does not fall, I with the Dexcom I use Skin Tac and a transparent apartment, I endure 4 weeks without problems like that.
Think when you use it that it has a delay like all of 15 min but the value coincides, it may be that it is going up or lowering the blood glucose or that the sensor is fool.
In most hospitals they have kits with a sensor they give, find out about this, and if you have an association asks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/24/2016 11:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I can't advise @jconegar on how I approve of them so that the sensors do not take off, I do sports, I take a shower and only in a couple of sensors I have had to use Tegaderm so that it does not fall.Each one is a world

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/24/2016 11:34 a.m.

@JC1985, ask in your hospital, in many they are giving reader and trial sensor, if then you buy your sensors.
My daughter carries it to April, it works great, now it carries it in the belly and differences at most 10. It is clear that there are many things that could improve, but for me to be able to measure it without having to wake her at night or seeAs it has been in school, it is priceless.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/24/2016 11:39 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares then the values ​​well in the belly for what you say ...?Only 10 difference ..?Well I will have to try it, it is the only place where I need to try, I will look for a place without many hair ..: P

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/24/2016 1:26 p.m.

@sigsauer, wonderful, and for now endures without protection.Look if it goes well, it costs me that my daughter becomes capillaries, and when I finally get it, you always release me, do you see ???I don't tell you what's well!With 14 years, it is costing me to always check with hair.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/24/2016 1:36 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello, I still can't buy it because my economic situation does not give me to buy it, I think I can try it, well I just want to contribute a comment, I am ever asked if there are something to hold the sensor, because on the page of (Diabetika)Be taken for something like a Brazalete to hold it and serve for shower and sport,

barki26's profile photo
barki26
10/24/2016 8:06 p.m.

Well, thank you all for your opinion.In the end I have convinced, I'm going to buy it.I try it if I like perfect, but I don't buy again and that's it.What I was thinking is to alternate it, if a sensor lasts 14 days for the rest of the month, the other 16 instead of putting another sensor and spending more money, using the strips I have right now.Ideally, they would give it to me, but here they give nothing, they give me a box of strips every month and a half, the box brings 50 and thanks.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
10/24/2016 10:03 p.m.

I am delighted with him.I did not take off, the first one fell because I started it when I hit the door but from the others, I covered up one just in case but when I took it very hard and made me suck practically because of what I left a lot of brandSo I don't cover them anymore.I recommend 100%

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/24/2016 11:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

JC1985 said:
Well, thank you very much for your opinion.In the end I have convinced, I'm going to buy it.I try it if I like perfect, but I don't buy again and that's it.What I was thinking is to alternate it, if a sensor lasts 14 days for the rest of the month, the other 16 instead of putting another sensor and spending more money, using the strips I have right now.Ideally, they would give it to me, but here they give nothing, they give me a box of strips every month and a half, the box brings 50 and thanks.
If you are in any association, try to contact the representative through them, and give you the initial kit, they do it a lot.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/25/2016 12:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.