{'en': 'Diabetic father, problems to live together?', 'es': 'Padre diabético, problemas para convivir?'} Image

Diabetic father, problems to live together?

brendairigoyen's profile photo   10/24/2016 7:25 p.m.

I have had to live a few years with a diabetic father where it is very difficult to live with the way of being: character, etc ...

We have had such strong problems that even my parents had to separate on that subject and I think it was the best because we lived more calmly with my mother ...

brendairigoyen's profile photo
brendairigoyen
10/24/2016 7:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I hope and give me advice or help me deal with this problem because he is my father and I have to help him

brendairigoyen's profile photo
brendairigoyen
10/24/2016 7:27 p.m.

Hello, I am a father and diabetic and I do not think that the solution is that, I understand you that with diabetes the character usually changes when we have the glucose rather high, but we cannot remedy it only to be able to leave it a little compression, we already haveAlso the parents who leave that cross that is a cancer that is killing you slowly, I hope everything goes well, a greeting, (a diabetic father of three children)

barki26's profile photo
barki26
10/24/2016 7:47 p.m.

Hi @Brendairigoyen I agree with @Barki26, I do not think that your parents are reduced only to your father's diabetes, it is certainly not easy to live with diabetes, but surely something else is there for a couple to break.

In any case, he thinks that diabetes is already a problem in itself, but above all for your father, being always controlling glucose is already complicated, and it may have affected you in coexistence on occasion, by specific moments of very glucosehigh or very low.

In general, I don't see enough causes in diabetes to justify a couple separation, right here in the forum you will find many parents who live with diabetes and family.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/24/2016 8:25 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am DT3, mother and partner of diabetics and I do not share this opinion at all, in fact I have more problems with my mother's behavior (not diabetic) than with my partner, I think it goes more with the personality of each one than withDiabetes.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
10/25/2016 3:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.