Medtronic Alert

juanluis1957's profile photo   09/24/2017 8:02 p.m.

On Friday I received an alert relative to the Canules of Medtronic, I copy the most prominent part:
affected products
Infusion teams quick set, quick, silhouette, south-t, mine, mine 30,
Manufactured by Unomedical A/O, Denmark.
On the website www.mmc.medtronic-diabetes.com/look you can
Check if a team is affected by entering the reference and
lot number that appear on the product label (both in the box,
as in the individual container).
These products are distributed in Spain through the company
Medtronic Ibérica, S.A., located on Maria de Portugal 11, 28050 Madrid

Attached the full text of the alert, in summary it is about some cannula lots, depending on the procedure used to fill the reservoir, can retain insulin and then release all together.Little grace is.
Medtronic replaces the cannulas you have of the affected lots, they can actually continue to be used (if you have no other available, you will tell me, or return to the lantus or use what you have) but do not want to get into trouble and change them.
Well, there is.Greetings

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
09/24/2017 8:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case I received a call from the health center, asking if my reference number was the MMT-390, I replied that no and told me not to worry that everything was fine.
Today reading a sugary Jedi news, in a link in the news I took you to Medtronic and it has occurred to me.
There in the verification section of MINIMED infusion equipment.
I have encountered the surprise, that the two boxes that I have have to discard them when they are defective.One in fact, I'm already using it ...
I call the health center telling the above and warning that the question they had asked me on the phone days was incorrect and if I was affected by the defective catheters, to which he answers me.I have to consult ...
I have called Medtronic exposing my problem and they have informed me that you fill out the data of the verification section of Minimed infusion equipment.And that I will receive the new catheters at my home.
In my case, the communication failure is carafal.
Apart from having no idea in the health center of what I was talking about despite being the health center who called me first with the wrong question.
Thanks Juanluis for publishing the alert.
In fact I have not received it today.
Now it's time to be even more alert until you receive the new catheters.
Thank you.

meteoro1112's profile photo
meteoro1112
09/27/2017 6 p.m.

It takes little, 4/5 days.But the alert dissemination mechanism is quite shabby, a lot ask for a phone and email and when it can be useful, Zasca.I'm glad it has served you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/27/2017 6:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.