Diabetological education and training.That was the first point of the I declaration of rights of people with diabetes in Spain, a historical document for this group, since until today there were none in which the priorities of the patients were collected, according to their own vision and experience.

This document, a pioneer in Spain, was approved last Saturday, September 23, within the framework of the celebration of the I National Congress of the Spanish Federation of Diabetes (Fede), an event that managed to bring together all the national associations and federations that make upFede: a total of 169 organizations.

"We have achieved the objective, and it is that people have a reality of what the Fede is, not a beautiful page or a president with a tie," Lorenzo points out, was precisely at the end of this day, when the attendees attended itVoting what should be, from now on, the road map of the priorities of the group of people with diabetes in Spain that, today, exceeds 5 million affected in our country.

Thus, and under the name of “I declaration of the rights of people with diabetes in Spain”, Fede intends to establish as a priority in the national health agenda the approach of the pathology, putting the patient, really, in the center of the national systemHealth

As Andoni Lorenzo, president of the Federation, the document, who orders the main concerns of patients from greatest to lesser importance, will be the route map of the Federation in the coming years, reflects which are reflecting which areThe true concerns of patients.

The I Declaration of Rights of Persons with Diabetes is composed of ten points, which are detailed below:

- Diabetological Education and Training
- Access and investment in research and new technologies
- Access to quality material and service
- Standardization of the child at school
- National Equity of Health Assistance
- Equality at work and social level
- Awareness and prevention
- Access to information
- National Health System focused on chronicity
- Participation in decision making

Lorenzo involvement and visibility is satisfied with the result of this Congress, which for the first time has brought together the 169 presidents of the associations that make up Fede, many municipal or provincial."It is a great organization, it has a very gande strutuctra," Lorenzo points out."This size has its fights because it is complicated to make a gupe, getting together. At the autonomous level we work as a team but at the national level we had never achieved it."

The president of Fede believes that physically visible the size of the Federation is essential to underpin one of the pillars of his speech, which is none other than to affirm that Fede is one of the largest patient organizations in Spain.In addition, Lorenzo points out, "it is important that patients have a sense of belonging, because this legitimizes them to go to the administration and claim. We have achieved the objective, and that people have a reality of what the Fede is,Not a beautiful page or a president with a tie. "