{'en': 'Study related type 1 diabetes with autoimmune diseases', 'es': 'Estudio relaciona diabetes tipo 1 con enfermedades autoinmunes'} Image

Study related type 1 diabetes with autoimmune diseases

fer's profile photo   10/27/2016 11:46 a.m.

An American investigation relates type 1 diabetes with autoimmune diseases, such as hyperthyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis and vitiligo, met today.

To reach that hypothesis, the team used the information of around 26 thousand patients, including adults and children with type 1 diabetes in treatment in 80 endocrinology services of this country in the stage between 2010 and 2016.

Regarding this, the main author of the study, Dr. Jing Hughes, of the Washington Faculty of Medicine, said the exploration showed that 27 percent of those people had at least another autoimmune disorder.

He also added, the investigation contributed an important element, referring to the period of life when these health problems appeared.

In this regard, it came to light that autoimmune diseases begin in the first years of life, when almost 20 percent of children under six have other diseases, in addition to type 1 diabetes, Hughes said.

Also the study, published in Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, revealed that thyroid diseases were the most common autoimmune disorders, followed by celiacal evil, as well as rheumatoid arthritis and vitiligo.

According to the World Health Organization, type 1 diabetes is characterized by poor insulin production and requires the daily administration of this hormone.

Its symptoms, which may appear suddenly, consist, among others, in excessive excretion of urine, thirst, constant hunger weight loss, visual disorders and tiredness, he adds.

The agency expects that diabetes will be the seventh cause of mortality in the world in 2030.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/27/2016 11:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

And do that discover it now?Well yes ...

Merif's profile photo
Merif
10/27/2016 11:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When I was diagnosed by hypothyroidism a year and a half ago they told me that autoimmune diseases go hand in hand and that every year I have to do tests to see if I am celiac because I have all the ballots.A party goes !!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/27/2016 2:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

What a joy, what uproar ...: (((

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
10/27/2016 3:21 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

According to the -Cidi, Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona Hospital · Between 1 and 10% of children with type 1 diabetes have celiachy.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/27/2016 5:08 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

But that relationship is known for more years that Matusalem was born ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 5:11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Come on, nothing new.By the way @Gala my endocrine has told me today that they are talking about giving us some measurement continues.Until now it was always impossible.Although I do not know if he has said it to be happy, instead of pissed off as usually.A hug to everything to see if I can get a little up to date and be more participatory and help as much as possible

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/27/2016 5:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

The study has been bald, my mother, this is older than shit.We have an immune system that has gone crazy, which just as it has attacked beta cells, can give us anything else and cause another autoimmune.

That is why research must point as a goal to fix our immune system, and for the moment the thing is very green, unfortunately.

New and insulin apparatus yes, but as a temporary patch.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/06/2016 10:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.