{'en': 'I am very scared to see if someone can help me', 'es': 'Estoy muy asustado a ver si alguien me puede ayudar'} Image

I am very scared to see if someone can help me

Despotes's profile photo   10/29/2016 8:47 p.m.

I am taking duloxetine (antidepressant) about 15 days ago a pill of 30 every 2 days the first 10 days and a daily daily.

My last hemoglobin has been 7.6 but I've been a while that my glucose levels are crazy, I think they began to be bad before starting the duloxetine but yesterday and today it is the last straw.

I do my diet like every day (I give my 2 punctures of Lantus one at night and another when you wake up and use novorapid for meals) Today I get up with 80 2 hours after breakfast I am finding more than 300 having breakfast the same the same thing, at eating it only achieved that I go down to 260 by clicking quickly and without eating absolutely nothing more.

After eating I have 260 yet by clicking the right dose to correct the above and nothing, I shed 6 more units to lower the sugar I measure me 2 hours later and I have 270 without eating absolutely anything after the time of eating, not only does notThe sugar has lowered me but it has uploaded more, I have punctured 6 more units and right now another 2 hours later I have 266 has not lowered anything at all.

I am quite scared I have been like that for several days but today and yesterday he is scaring me a lot, yesterday my head doctor did not know what to tell me about an analytical but I could not tell me what I could do.

It is true that at night incredibly while I am asleep that sugar goes down and I wake up well but it is not normal for the lantus to lower the sugar from 250 to 100 and wake up with a normal value.

Can someone help me?

Despotes's profile photo
Despotes
10/29/2016 8:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello despots.I would advise you to verify if the fast you are injecting in meals and to correct is in good condition.It is not normal to prick 6 units and that at two hours you follow exactly with the same blood glucose.It happened to me recently that I had to travel by plane, and I did not realize and put a lantus and a novorapid in the cellar luggage ... when I started using those bolis, which never, glutemia of 300 and peak allThe days and there was no way to lower it, until I was looking for me on the Internet and I read that insulins deteriorate in the plane's cellar and that is why you have to take them in the hand luggage.I immediately discarded those bolis and started using new and solved matter.All the best.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
10/29/2016 9:33 p.m.

Hello, any medication for the nervous system can have very large, unexpected effects, and difficult to handle until the body, if it can adapt.We also know that states of fear and anxiety alter blood glucose levels.Although in each person it is different.If the blood glucose lowers you at night, it seems that basal insulin can be adequate, and you are triggered during the day may have to do with the fact that facing the day when one is with nervous system problems is usually very hard, and it decomposesall.A fish that bite the tail.If I feel like accounts, that I have been although with other levels of glucose, I would do a breathing job, which could help me calm the fear, and also consult not with the doctor of general, but with the endocrine and withThe psychiatrist, who must have prescribed that medication.Of course, psychological work with specialized adequate help is always positive.There are also medications that are incompatible with insulin, I don't know if it can be the case.
The option that I would take if I could not control in any way or fear or blood glucose, would be to go to the hospital.
But this is just an opinion, and nothing more ... just in case they serve you ... sure you can pass it.
A big hug

imara's profile photo
imara
10/29/2016 9:36 p.m.

First thank you very much your answers.The first thing I did is verify if it was the insulin in poor condition but I have 3 different Novorapid boxes and I have used different bolis of each box and I continue in them so we can discard it almost completely.On the other hand I have been taking medication for anxiety years ago and I am fine and my glycemia have never been perfect but I was quite well, I do not know if the duloxetine that is the only medication that is new in my life affects sugar but my nurse fromEndocrinology has told me no and my header has any doubt and has sent me an analytical, to see lipids and cortisol and some more things in case it was some of this.If tomorrow this is still the same, I go to the hospital for emergencies because it is as if I would not prick absolutely nothing insulin click me what clicks me between breakfast and dinner.

Despotes's profile photo
Despotes
10/29/2016 9:48 p.m.

You can try another fast, such as Humalog., or maybe you need more lantus for the day
You can try another basal insulin, such as Toujeo, which lasts more than Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/29/2016 10:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think you should change your endocrine or doctor and surely change the insulinas and dose schedules, I will tell you that you take a specific diet also and you will greatly improve your results, encourage and try what I tell you

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
11/01/2016 11:53 a.m.

How are you doing, @Despotes?
I hope you could fix it ...

imara's profile photo
imara
11/05/2016 3:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.