To those who travel by plane

Carlos1979's profile photo   10/29/2016 10 p.m.

Hello good.I share this personal and recent experience, because surely many people, just like me, do not know, so that the same thing does not happen to me and they take a scare.Recently I had to travel by plane, and as I worried that in the controls they would put me in or even force me to leave the insulin (with the excuse of the liquids or something similar), because I decided to put a couple of bolis of Lantus and novorapidIn the suitcase I billed, just in case.On the return trip I billed these same bolis.Each route was about 3 hours of flight.Already back at home, soon, I started having unusual values, I did not go down from 180 and many times I had 300 and peak, and that eating less, clicking on me increasing dose and then on top of that trying to correct ... I was like thisDays without knowing what was happening, until I realized that I was using just those bolis that were in the winery, I looked on the Internet and confirmed my suspicions, and that is that the insulins degrade in the plane's cellar.I immediately started using other bolis that I did not take on that trip and returned to the usual values ​​(which is not that they are very well lately, but nothing to see).Do not bill your insulins, always take them in hand luggage.Greetings.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
10/29/2016 10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, they freeze and spoil.
Some with you and others in cabin suitcase.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/29/2016 10:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We are always afraid with the insulin for heat, because of me by heat it has never spoiled any, on vacation at 42 ° and without problems but by cold if I have spoiled any, specifically the Lantus, for leaving them in theCar in winter for example (typical night that you go out for dinner and after partying, you put on the lantus and leave it in the car x not go with so much break, or if it has stayed a little behind in the refrigerator.
Well, in the warehouses of Loa Airplanes the same thing happens, it is a cold ice cream

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/29/2016 10:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The plane's winery usually goes without pressurizing unless someone asks for it and pays it, for example, if you wear domestic animals

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/30/2016 10:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.