{'en': 'Doubt about lunch and snack', 'es': 'Duda sobre el almuerzo y merienda'} Image

Doubt about lunch and snack

Dalu's profile photo   09/27/2017 7:26 p.m.

Hello,

To my son for mid -morning and snack we only give him a half ration of hydrates and the rest free, we do not put insulin at that time and it is an uncertainty, sometimes it goes perfect but sometimes a rush hits him.

Today for example to snack, he has only taken a Maria cookie, the rest was free and has gone from having 114 to 289.

Is it normal for half a ration that can rise both glucose?

Or is my child very sensitive to food with hydrates?

Thank you!

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/27/2017 7:26 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

If these values ​​are repeated, it may be that it has to increase the slow.
Proteins and fats also rise, but it is too much up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/27/2017 9:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Normally it rises and becomes close to 200, which already seems to me a lot for half a ration, but today it has been exaggerated.Today in food we have given you a fried egg, can it be for that fat of the food?It is the first egg that eats since it was diagnosed and I don't know if that would have influenced.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/27/2017 9:54 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

By the way @"regina", we are with changes in the slow insulin of dose and hours and yesterday we start with 1ud.On the night of Levemir.In the snack I would have nothing.Is such a large climb for not having slow insulin or still an exaggerated rise?I carry little but I see you participating a lot, and I give value to your recommendations;)

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/27/2017 10 p.m.

The body can convert protein into glucose if you need it so sometimes you can upload hours after consuming protein.This is not something that happens in a regular basis because it is more expensive for the body than to release glucose reserves and also the proteins needs them for other things and only uses them as energy as the last resort.
The fat slows down the absorption of food hydrates, so the rise peak will give you later than if you eat without fat.Anyway, I don't think the fried egg is the problem.Keep giving them because it is a very healthy food and with many nutrients so don't worry.
What may have happened is that the slow one does not cover it well 24 hours a day and late in the afternoon (if it puts it at night) it does not arrive.Continue to see what happens and if you see that it is always repeated, consult the endocrine because it has to put in the food any that carries mix to have some slow ones that the other does not cover.I was like that with Lantus at night and mix in food to cover those hours.
Also look at the labels of what you give it because there are many things that carry hidden hydrates that would not imagine it.The York ham, for example, carries added hydrates and sugars (between 20-40% depending on the brand) and the turkey or chicken breast much more, I have seen some with 40% turkey and the rest flour, soybeans and sugars.Sausons sometimes also wear sugars.Almost all the defendants are thus look at it well because that is the same.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/28/2017 10 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks @"Regina", you always give me good information.Today we talked to the endocrine and has told us that we are doing well, that we have been controlling the 3 main meals very well and now we also have 2 very good nights when putting the slow night at night.That the snack we are going to try giving him 1.5 rations and 1ud.Novorapid.Let's see if little by little we are controlling every hour.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/28/2017 10:37 a.m.

By the way, on Monday we have the first glycosylated since it was diagnosed (6.5%) in the diagnosis, and I am shaking.The first month was an authentic lack of control and I imagine that he will leave high.I hope that no more than 9%, and in the next test and to be close to normal values

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/28/2017 10:43 a.m.

And sorry, the second time I cite @"Regina", I wanted to see cited @"Yesssica_a".

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/28/2017 10:44 a.m.

You will see that the glycosilada goes well, that you are controlling it very well.
Ask the endocrine for other basal insulins, 24 hours, to see when you can start using them.
Insulin doses are increasing as they grow

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2017 7:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Dalu" All meals are best controlled with insulin, even a bit.It would be, perhaps, convenient that the mid -morning or the snack did it with insulin so that its glucose was more controlled and there were no surprises.It happened to me sometimes also when I have done it without insulin: a mid-morning that reaches 140 and endures perfect food and another day that goes to 190-200 being the same food and starting from a glucose and similar similar tendency... This variability is normal and depends on many factors that escape our control, not only the type of hydrate that is eaten.For that reason, it is always always to put some insulin in all meals.My experience is that everything always comes out much better.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/28/2017 8:05 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Regina", we have asked about some other slow insulin and have told us about the Lantus, but that is very small to put it, that it is not approved in such young children.@jpr, I think you are right, that with insulin in each meal is when this is best controlled, we will have to do it, although it gives me so much with how small it is, when it sees us appear with insulin already starts crying.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/28/2017 8:20 p.m.

You can also try to give him something that does not alter the glucose in mid -morning or snack to save a puncture.I do not know in such young children that food can eat, but if you like it and you can eat it you can try the cured cheese, the egg (if you do it cooked you can have it in the fridge for a few days), the avocado, homemade chicken coldturkey (there are recipes online where they do it in the oven at low temperature), chocolate with 80% or more cocoa that barely has sugar (I buy one of lidl of 81% very rich brand JD CROSS).You can also make a kind of muffins but without almost hydrate: egg mixtures, cream or cream cheese such as ricota and add some vegetables in pieces or cured cheese or ham and put it in the oven in muffins molds.
In such young children, the punctures is complicated because they do not understand it.It will end up getting used but now that it still takes a short time and it is normal to cost you.My sister was diagnosed with 3 years and at first she didn't like anything about the punctures, but over time she got used.

Yessica_A
09/29/2017 10:29 a.m.

Thanks for the ideas, the cured cheese loves, but being so much fat we do not give much, and the other things will be testing.We have so much to learn

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/29/2017 6:01 p.m.

Test with ham, a few of nuts, some cheese .. with one more slowly, half unit?, maybe you can eat something between meals, without fast ..
But, without giving him night hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2017 1:53 a.m.

We have already received our glycosylated result.7.1%.:)We are very happy because we thought we were going to be higher.As the first month was so high.Now to continue fighting and getting off the famous 7 for the next time

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/02/2017 6:32 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a" The chocolate you comment on Lidl, with 81% cocoa, you upload the glucose, do you put fast insulin?I say it to try it

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/02/2017 8:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

It almost does not go up.But I only like a square every time.If you eat a lot, I suppose something will go up because sugar wears but it is little and when it is fat he goes up slowly.
It has per 100gr 42.8gr of fat, 23gr of hydrates of which 16 are sugar and 10.2 gr of protein.
The tablet is 125gr and each square 12.5 so if you eat one are 3gr of hydrate and slow up.

Yessica_A
10/02/2017 10:21 p.m.

Thank you @"Yesssica_a" I just took a square ... which does not reach half a ration ... to see how the glucose curve;)

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/06/2017 5:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.