Glucometer failures

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo   09/28/2017 11:46 p.m.

Hi, I commented something here in case it happened to you.I have diabetes 2 recently.I have it quite controlled in fact, I have been removed from two half metformin pills the average in the morning.At the moment the glucose is quite controlled.On Monday I looked at me routinely in the food and Di 92 before and 2 hours later 83 which missed me, so that the next day I measured again to see how it.Before eating di 102 and at two hours I di 136, it is not bad but I usually give lower, so out of curiosity I looked again at 5 minutes and said 76, strange I got out of the car (I was working) and I put myselfThe shadow in case the heat affected the glucometer after 5 minutes I measured again and gave 69. Pir caution ate carbohydrates and I went to a pharmacy to look at me with another device.He gave 96 and with mine at the same moment 84. He is a counted Bayer. Has something similar happened to you?Can the heat be?All the best

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
09/28/2017 11:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is a good glucometer, but everyone can have some failure.Up to 15% error ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2017 11:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Already, but moving from 136 to 76 in 5 minutes seems more than 15% not?Or is that sudden descent possible?

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
09/29/2017 12:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it is rare, but if the rest of the values ​​are fine, it can be a punctual failure.You can ask for another glucometer from Bayer, they send it to you for free.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2017 12:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.