{'en': 'Alberto Chicote Awareness about the balanced diet to avoid type 2 diabetes', 'es': 'Alberto Chicote conciencia sobre la dieta equilibrada para evitar diabetes tipo 2'} Image

Alberto Chicote Awareness about the balanced diet to avoid type 2 diabetes

fer's profile photo   10/02/2017 1:30 p.m.

"Cooks have the duty to disseminate on lifestyle"

The television chef Alberto Chicote visited the Columbus market of Valencia yesterday to raise awareness of the population about the importance of maintaining a balanced diet in order to avoid cardiovascular diseases, such as type 2 diabetes.

He did it within the framework of the "Diabetes for your heart" campaign and the appointment of Valencia as the capital of sustainable food."Cooks have the duty to disseminate a healthy lifestyle," said Chicote, who has recently conducted television spaces such as "exam diets", "what do our children eat?"or "superfood" in Antena 3.

The cook, known for being the host of "nightmare in the kitchen" and the reality "Top Chef", prepared for the occasion a "cardiosaludable" menu gratiuto for the attendees.To do this, he was supported by Carlos Morillas, president of the Valencian Society of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition (Svedyn), who reported on the risks involved in ignoring a serious illness such as diabetes.

Chicote submitted last summer to the challenge of the "form in 70 days" program, thanks to which he lost 20 kilos.«The Mediterranean diet is our best ally.That and walk an hour a day, miracles ago, ”he added.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/02/2017 1:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I thought the chefs studied some nutrition.
Well, 20kg don't notice him!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/09/2017 7:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Doctors hardly study as to study the chefs.I believe that in medicine there is a single subject of nutrition, with how important food is to prevent diseases.Above the training they give them is totally outdated.
I am a very fan of Chicote in the programs he has made of cooking but those who are making food lately and to get in shape seem to me a shame.He does not know any nutrition (and does not have to know) but the chain is very badly advised and say a lot of nonsense that do more bad than good.They could already hire good nutritionists who prepare quality content because with the media reef that Chicote has and issuing prime time programs they could do a lot of good to people.Instead it transmits the same usual nonsense of the energy balance and only focus on calories.As if the calories of an apple or nuts were the same as of a donuts.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/09/2017 10:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.