I think my internist is in error

Traders0's profile photo   11/06/2016 5:42 a.m.

Hello good night.

The next situation happens to me.Debute a year ago and since then with my doctor we have sought ways to control my glucose.The process comes some complicated since at the beginning it was thought that it was type 2. Because there is no genetic in my family.And the diabetes started just after me by mistake.Start a diet to get weight at the Gym.Diet based on many HC and supplements to gain high volume in sugar and HC and protein.Reach the 90kg of weight and I have a height of 1.88 cms.It was spectacular to look in the mirror.But the nightmare began when I started losing alarming amounts of weight and everything went to the trash .. that was when it debuts in urgencies with 549 glucose in the blood.

Thinking that it was a type 2 for the abuses of my diet.They medicated me metformin.Something that after 2 weeks did not help me and arrived in 2 months of regret 90 to reach 69kg ..

Already a year now and see the loss of weight.The doctor of seeing that the metfo did not regulate the glucose.I prescribe me.Basal and ultrarapid.The basal is the Lantus and Ultrarapida La Lispro.I really apply 16 a and Lispro sent me to apply 3. At each meal.But there is something that I think is wrong ..

He tells me breakfast.Lunch and normal Cene.And 2 hours after each meal is measured.And if I'm high, I apply the Lispro.And if I'm not high, don't apply it.But whenever breakfast.Lunch and Ceno.2 hours later when measuring glucose I am close to 200.

But I tell my doc.What better I apply before eating.And I avoid those climbs.But he insists on the same.Quebsolo applies it when I see that I have uploaded.

Is it supposed to avoid glucose at all costs .. what do you think ???

I have already risen since I insulin some weight.I am in 75 but when those days pass that I let me go up.I feel low weight .. I am 27 years old.And I await your comments because I would like a point of view of someone who lives this fight in my own flesh ...

Thank you very much

Traders0's profile photo
Traders0
11/06/2016 5:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The story is a bit of a joke, first because by making a high diet in HC to gain weight it does not amount to having a high sugar index, another thing is that this "diet" is based on eating sweets and pastries.With a glycemia of 549 to diagnose a type 2 diabetes, it is like going to the doctor with an all to say that your chest hurts and diagnose a heart attack.As for post meals, a very important thing is the counting of rations, your insulin ratio at the different hours of the day and take into account what is eaten, what glycemic index has and what type of absorption, inBase on this, the necessary insulin amount for that meal is adjusted.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
11/06/2016 10:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

If you do not put the fast before meals, you will not avoid the climb.
With a debut of more than 500, type 1 diagnosis is very clear.
If you have doubts there are evidence, such as the C peptide, to confirm it.
Try that glycosilada is below 7, and for this, the less spikes, the better.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/06/2016 1:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you are diabetic 1 after a meal you will always be high so I don't understand your doctor.A diabetic does not always put the same insulin unless you always eat the same carbohydrates so that of putting 3u you are as you are either do well.Try to change doctor and do the necessary tests and to follow guidelines.I had little help when I started in this, but you can learn.Little by little you will get it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/06/2016 1:24 p.m.

@Traders0 Hello, how are you in the ac?Tell me if you changed Dr. ???I hope you are already "dominating" this topic!I think, according to the other foreros, that you are Typo 1 and must treat you like this;Here you will learn reading all of their own experiences and always, express yours to learn !!!;)

ani's profile photo
ani
11/06/2016 2:37 p.m.

Hello.Thank you very much for your prompt answers .. I have read a lot and I understand that to lower 50 glucoda it is equivalent to a unit.I mean that if I am in 200 with 2 units of rapids I remain in 100 and if I am going to eat, it increased one more unit for approximately 30gr of HC that I am going to consume.But my glycemia are always fine before eating.They only upload me postprandial.Another thing is that in the peptide exam C he went out to the limit.To give an example
The C Peptide was a value of 10.1 up in a normal range and my exam came out 10.0 wanting to prove that I still produce insulin.It can be my honeymoon.Or my doctor says that I have lada diabetes or 1.5 ..

It is also what eats.No matter how much it is.If I apply 3 units I am instantly.I once did the hamburger eating test.cocacola and pizza and applied me 3 before eating."I indicate that I did it to try this theory" and in the same way it gave me hiccup.Then before eating I always apply 1 unit only.And with that I have.

Although my doctor says it makes no sense.That a unit is like not falling anything.But if I apply 2. When I measure the post glucose I am in 65 or on those sides.But if I apply 1 unit.The post is in 110.

In the same way my internist tells me to apply insulin only post.And when I see that it is high, I apply it.Thing that for me is a mistake.It should be before.

Thank you and apologize to extend me so much ..

Traders0's profile photo
Traders0
11/06/2016 3:27 p.m.

Look about the glucometer, which is the one that helps the most

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/06/2016 5:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.