Camino de Santiago

Isacm's profile photo   10/05/2017 11:02 a.m.

Good morning.I present ... Isabel 36 years of diabetes and 5 with ISCI ......
I want to do the Camino de Santiago ...... For this I have to put on the batteries and train ..... What implies walking .... How do you do it with the infuser?
Thank you

Isacm's profile photo
Isacm
10/05/2017 11:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night Isacm, I made a part of the Camino de Santiago (300km).He carried insulin bomb, and what he was doing was drinking good breakfast and injecting insulin by HC ingested, and 15 min before walking basal reduced to 50% during every journey to walk.According to you see more or less the basal.I did not have any downturn my way, not even sores on my feet (puts mountain sports since they are given to your foot and socks without seams)

Txus's profile photo
Txus
10/15/2017 12:50 a.m.

Thankssss.I will tell

Isacm's profile photo
Isacm
10/15/2017 11:25 a.m.

@"Isacm" I did it this summer from Ponferrada but I have no bomb, I went with bolis.The basal did not touch it.
I tell you what I did in case it serves you although with a bomb it will be different:
We started walking at dawn (6:00 - 6:30), I put the slow one (I put it normally at 8 but those days I changed at 6).Fast did not put me because I didn't have breakfast when I got up, I just ate something with little hydrate like nuts or a bit of black chocolate and if a little glucose was a little fair.
About 10:00 - 10:30 we stopped for breakfast seriously.Until that time at most fast coffee if we went through an open bar and nuts if we were hungry.For breakfast he ate eggs with beicon and some bread.I became very quick because we were still walking a good time and at my walk the quickness makes me a lot of effect.
We usually made stages of about 30km so we were late (about 3 -4).As soon as you get to the shelter, you are showering, washing clothes so that it dries for the next day and then you are going to eat.As in the afternoon we did not move almost anything normal quickly depending on food hydrates.And for dinner we took something in the super (canned, fruit, cheese, yogurt and bread) and also the rapid based on hydrates.
Throughout the road he carried jelly beans and clouds and ate if he saw that he was fair, when he was over 70-80 he ate one or two.I wore the Free looked at me every little to control and I didn't have any fat downturn.

I only had a problem, he gave me a digestion cut for putting my feet in the river after eating and I was vomiting before dinner.The problem was that I put on the insulin of dinner before vomiting because it was a little high to start to take effect before and just after it began to find badly and vomited.I was not able to eat and I was quite bad so I pulled glucose pills that are absorbed very quickly and being thrown away from me a little desire to vomit I managed to retain them and that I climbed again.The next day I did the bus stage because I was still a little bad and I didn't want to walk like that.Throughout the morning I was happening and I already had breakfast and well.Take glucagon because one of these is the emergency resource if everything else fails.

I did not have friction but gave me a kind of allergy the sock and put their feet quite red and bothered me quite the last days.My advice is that you buy good anti-redness fiber socks.When I do it again, I will buy the best I find, this time it takes those who had to make mountain routes and it didn't go well even though they were not bad.That and a used and comfortable footwear is the most important thing.The rest is no longer carrying something you buy it along the way.

Otherwise he enjoys the way, it is a very good experience.You totally disconnect from the world, there is a very good vibes, you know people ... I will do it again because I had a great time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/20/2017 1:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello @"isacm", I was this summer from S.jean Pied de Port to Logroño because I wanted to climb to the Pyrenees.I do not use bomb but boligraphs and it was enough to reduce toujeo insulin by 15% approx.Going from 35 or daily to 30u a day (I don't get fast, just toujeo) I must also say that I do sport frequently.As you can there may be a lot of difference between one person and another.My advice is that you train from several months before pointing to hiking/mountain groups etc or with friends, keep in mind that the daily marches are usually between 20 and 30 km, and you are gradually correcting on the fly and so when you goTo make the way you already have a more formed idea of ​​the units that you have to get and that more in form, less units you will have to go down for that reason it is preferable that you start with time to go down little by little.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/23/2017 1:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.