Hello, I'm new!And I need help, 24 years and 1 month of diabetes.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo   11/10/2016 2:01 p.m.

Hello, I am the almost little girl, I am 24 years old and a month and a half ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

The first week was not bad for me, but suddenly the sugar began to go down and I had enough hypos.

As a result I have a big problem, I'm afraid to go out.I have spoken with doctors and say that it goes little by little, that it is normal for each one to pass through an adaptation phase.On the other hand, I have also lowered the doses of insulin, both the slow and the rapid, which has helped me a lot but I go little by little, I thought it would be a matter of days.

I need to talk to someone, I don't know anyone with diabetes in my environment.Although my grandfather was diabetic and I already knew the disease, I would like to talk to someone who is also new or someone who has gone through something similar.

Greetings :)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
11/10/2016 2:01 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hello
Fear is overwhelming, blocker ... but accepting it and looking at the face and putting small goals, little by little you can overcome.
I had hypoglycemia from 2004 to 2013 when they diagnosed me, day did not, because nobody gave no importance to what I had, because I did not adjust to common medical patterns-skeletons.So fear continuously attached me.

Since I am injecting insulin, sometimes there are days when fear paralyzes me more from the account.But it is that you go little by little, as doctors tell you, knowing you.Knowing how your body reacts to meals, insulin, moments of the hormonal cycle, stress, etc.A lot of psychological work, and many moods for yourself, and think that you can :)

As for the amounts of insulin, among the doctors and you have to decide the beginning.And you observe, because it may be too much;Doctors are also wrong, sometimes a lot.I am hypersensitive, and the doctors (who for so many years ignored me) now realize when I tell you several things about my experiences-experiences.So they started by giving me a minimum basal only (8 units), and even that was too much.So we go down.Then, soon, the rapid arrived, with minimums of 1 unit before the three main meals.Then, little by little, I have been observing, feeling, aiming and rebuilding.As companions say, it is a daily job, of constancy and perseverance.Although it is complex and tiring, and fear at the beginning can overwhelm, things are being achieved and calm is coming in some way.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
11/10/2016 2:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is normal for you to be afraid, the blow is very hard and difficult to assimilate, little by little you will adapt and you will know your body.Insulin you will have to adjust little by little, before anything, get in touch with your endo, in the end you will see how you make decisions, since better that nobody is going to know you.
My daughter debuted just over a year ago, with 13 years, here we are many parents of children with diabetes, and adults with diabetes.
If it serves you as comfort, yesterday my daughter had a march through the mountain and decided to get off two fast breakfast, she was afraid of suffering a hiccup.I do not tell you about the issue of lowering insulin, if not for fear, in the end you adapt to living with him and enters into normal.I don't think anyone is afraid of suffering a hiccup, and you are starting, so much encouragement and fight !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/10/2016 2:55 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello!It is normal that when starting with diabetes 1 blood glucose often cannot be controlled.And you feel dizziness, confusion.What you have to do is accept in diabetes, educate and always consult the doctor.Always keep in mind that when you go out for example if you are going to walk, run or bike always carry something sweet like candies, juices with sugar to avoid hypoglycemia.Also knowing that yourself can also be the author of your own life, an example of this, is that if you are going to do a lot.
You always have to keep calm, since the majority at the beginning of diabetes or being more advanced have gone through states like these.Greetings and I hope better!

mativilchezcarp's profile photo
mativilchezcarp
11/10/2016 3:11 p.m.

Hello!
I debut this summer, and I also spent that of being afraid to leave, and not wanting to get too far away.I got the paranolla.I suppose it is normal at the beginning, but then you surpass it and you are putting bigger challenges, adjusting the insulin and knowing you, until you already carry it almost well, hehe.At first I had a lot of slow, I realized as soon as I began to recover and move more, it was easy to come a hicc as soon as I moved a little more than the account.You have to go doing things but without pressing yourself either, I didn't want to leave, but a month or so I started going to the beach and taking their fear and already giving confidence and doing everything.I also recommend that you look for things that serve you as "amulet".In addition to being good in a possible descent, they help you psychologically.For example, I carry a little pill of the neck that puts that I am DM type 1 and emergency number.It is a nonsense, but it gives me some more security when I leave alone, and if it serves me, then great.And of course, candies, a juice, a cocacola, that if there will be low you know that it will not take anything to overcome.And if you will be restless then measures and check that everything is fine!
I hope I have helped you!Pokito by little and with good lyrics!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/10/2016 4:47 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Welcome to the forum @niñaburbuja, I see that you already have a few answers to help you, as I always say, ask what you need !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/10/2016 7:09 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome to the forum.I debut with 13.5 years and I already have 44.
Particularly I never like to give opinions that doing with insulin, that is, commenting on what I would do, because each one is a world and I would not like anyone to suffer a hypo or hyper to listen to me, for that we have the doctors who know usMore, well if a doctor who understands this world has touched you and knows how to get in our place, that there are and many.
The companions have given you very good advice.
Do not always look for explanations because something has happened to you.
Try that diabetes adapts to your life and not your life to diabetes, it is not easy but with illusion and desire to fight we can with everything even if it costs us a lot.
Never lose the desire to fight for your dreams.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/10/2016 8:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Welcome !!!
Do not worry about what happens to you, it is the most normal in the world;When I left the hospital I spent 2 and a half days at home looking at the street and people from the window until I wondered, which is the first thing I am going to do when I leave home, go to work ... ??Noooooo, the first thing I did was to go to a bar to have a beer as a contact with my "new" life ... encouragement !!!= D>

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/10/2016 9:57 p.m.

Hello everyone!Thank you very much for your comments and your spirits!
I have to say that perhaps the fact of seeing for everything that my grandfather happened (it was a lot and very hard) and my personality (very perfectionist and controlling with myself) is what has led me to be like this.I will follow your advice and try to take it easy, maybe I am demanding too much.
It helps me know that there are more people who have gone through the same thing and that I am not the only one.I also want to thank everyone who participates in the forum since only reading what you have told me and a couple more things yesterday learned.
Courage everyone too.
Greetings :)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
11/11/2016 10:38 a.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.