Doubt about the Type 1 diabetes subcategory: Type 1 and 1b Diabetes

DiarioDeUnDiabetico's profile photo   11/14/2016 4:43 p.m.

Hello, it turns out that I have always heard from my doctor that I had a subcategory of type 1 diabetes. The case is that I vaguely remember that I had the type 1b diabetes.

I have been looking to see what difference there is between A and B, and I have found the following page: click

In the document that they give me in the hospital, it effectively says that I have type 1b diabetes, the fact is that according to that page that type of diabetes is when, I quote textually: "If you have alternating cycles where you need and do not need insulin replacement."Then reading this I wonder if either is wrong diagnosed (because I need insulin always) or it is true and I do not find out when I don't need.

In addition it also says that it is a very rare type and that occurs in people with African or Asian ancestry and I do not even have African or Asian ancestry.

If anyone knows more about this topic please tell me.

Greetings!

DiarioDeUnDiabetico's profile photo
DiarioDeUnDiabetico
11/14/2016 4:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I have never heard it!
Type 1 is the one that always needs insulin., Because there are no beta cells ....
Unless it is 1.5 lada or mody ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2016 5:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have read that the type1a is autoimmune and the type1b is idiopathic, of unknown origin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2016 8:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I have read that the type1a is autoimmune and the type1b is idiopathic, of unknown origin.

Interesting, I will ask it on my next visit with the endocrine and I will tell you to see what it is.

Thanks for the information!!!

DiarioDeUnDiabetico's profile photo
DiarioDeUnDiabetico
11/14/2016 8:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.