Buy NFC sensor

eliastp's profile photo   11/11/2016 11:01 a.m.

Hello, everyone.A week ago I have achieved the endocrine report to put the insulin bomb, I am military and it still remains to approve it.I have been thinking about also putting on a sensor to measure glucose since Adeslas I do not think it provides it but my budget does not give me to invest in the MCG as a whole.Therefore, I wanted to know if someone was on sale what the sensor is alone and that I can use the mobile to do that measurement.Thank you very much in advance.

eliastp's profile photo
eliastp
11/11/2016 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @eliastp.There are several sensor brands ... So you comment, that you want to use an Android mobile with NFC to read the sensor, then you would be good for free freestyle.You can buy the sensor alone, directly to the manufacturer, you don't need to buy the receiver:

Link

This is the thread with all doubts about free;

Link

All the best,

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/11/2016 12:04 p.m.

albertot said:
hello @eliastp.There are several sensor brands ... So you comment, that you want to use an Android mobile with NFC to read the sensor, then you would be good for free freestyle.You can buy the sensor alone, directly to the manufacturer, you don't need to buy the receiver:

Link

Link

Greetings,

First of all, thank you very much for the @albertot answer, I have read that the sensor that lasts only 15 days, there is some way of lengthening that "life" to be able to stretch as much as possible?Thank you.

eliastp's profile photo
eliastp
11/11/2016 12:23 p.m.

eliastp said:
albertot said:
hello @eliastp.There are several sensor brands ... So you comment, that you want to use an Android mobile with NFC to read the sensor, then you would be good for free freestyle.You can buy the sensor alone, directly to the manufacturer, you don't need to buy the receiver:

Link

Link

Greetings,

First of all, thank you very much for the @albertot answer, I have read that the sensor that lasts only 15 days, there is some way of lengthening that "life" to be able to stretch as much as possible?Thank you.

jijijij I hope they could lengthen @eliastp !!!

Especially since when I used it, it was in the end when I was most accurate.The sensor dies by software at 15 days and for the moment nobody (which I know) has managed to extend his life in some way (pirate it or something like that).I think that at most with some mobile app is read a few more hours, but nothing more.Anyway I no longer use this sensor and I am not an expert in it.Better question in the free thread.

There are other sensors (Dexcom) that officially last 1 week and can be extended, but their use requires a much greater initial disbursement, you have to buy more things (transmitter and receiver) to use them.

And here comes the eternal question of which one to use ... And each one will have their opinion ... It is best to read the free and dexcom threads and take out your own conclusions.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/11/2016 1 p.m.

Thank you very much for the info, I really read the two and I still have no clarify, without deciding more than anything for the economic issue.Now I have more in mind about what bomb they will put me, which one do you think will put me if it is from Medtronic?The 640g?

eliastp's profile photo
eliastp
11/12/2016 12:20 p.m.

eliastp said:
good morning to all.A week ago I have achieved the endocrine report to put the insulin bomb, I am military and it still remains to approve it.I have been thinking about also putting on a sensor to measure glucose since Adeslas I do not think it provides it but my budget does not give me to invest in the MCG as a whole.Therefore, I wanted to know if someone was on sale what the sensor is alone and that I can use the mobile to do that measurement.Thank you very much in advance.

With the application for Mobile Glimp you can lengthen the sensor 12 hours, the only way to extend it another 14 days is to put another new sensor, we have no other!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/12/2016 12:37 p.m.

eliastp said:
Thank you very much for the info, I really read the two and I still have no clarify, without deciding more than anything for the economic issue.Now I have more in mind about what bomb they will put me, which one do you think will put me if it is from Medtronic?the 640g?

In my case they put me 640g and they didn't give me choose.I do not know how it goes in other hospitals, if they give you choose, if you can think or put what they estimate.

On @eliastp sensors, you have to read/inform yourself and decide yourself.If you put the 640g you have 3 possibilities:

1) Enlite sensors.It goes to € 220/month.They have alarms and stop the pump to avoid hypos.According to studies, they are less precise than Dexcom and free.
2) DEXCOM G4: According to the studies they are the most precise.They have alarms.They last a week officially but can lengthen.In addition to the sensor you need a transmitter and a receiver.It depends on what you extend the sensors the price varies a lot ... necessary an important initial disbursement to buy the initial kit.
3) Free: It is not a continuous glucose monitor (MCG) but flash.You only have data when you pass the receiver near the sensor.It has no alarms.Fixed price of € 120/month.

You already have to decide.Look to see if you need alarms or not ... Free can be tested easy, the sensor is € 60.The others also let them try them.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/12/2016 7:19 p.m.

Perfect, I thank you very much.I think they will first give me a course and then already the bomb itself, I have fought a lot to get it the truth, since in Adeslas they told me that they were not going to give it to me and that I did not cover the insurance.I had to go with paper in the hand of the contract and show it to him.Painful.

eliastp's profile photo
eliastp
11/14/2016 10:43 a.m.

To send @eliastp.

Have you put you pump for Adeslas?Do you have social security and then as Private Medicine Adelas?Or are you an official and have Adeslas as the unique medical insurance?

It is that private insurance does not like diabetics ... I find it interesting that not only do they not throw you out of private insurance, but that they put you a bit of it.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/14/2016 2:50 p.m.

They put it because I belong to Isfas to be a military, so I can choose private insurance between Adeslas, Asisa or SS.The ISFAS has a concert with the insurers and puts that it covers them, they told me that with the endocrine report if they denied me I had to ask for a mixed commission and there they would be for law obliged to provide it to me, and this had to prove it with papers in theAdeslas offices, in theory I will be the first in all Santiago de Compostela to which they put it ... Let's see if it is true ...

eliastp's profile photo
eliastp
11/15/2016 11:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.