New in the forum

Bencene's profile photo   10/14/2017 10:29 a.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum, although not in the world of diabetes.I am diabetic since 1980 and currently my treatment is with Lantus and Novorapid.I am thinking (for the moment I am valuing and informing me) in putting an insulin bomb since I have hypoglycemia (they have a totally unnoticed for me and realize who is next to me).In spite of this, my HBA1 are good according to my endocrine (the last one has been 6.3 and the previous 5.9).I have not yet talked to my endocrine about the insulin bomb or if it suits me and I can be a candidate to put it.As I said before, I am collecting information (features bombs, brands, requirements, ...).I would also like to know if it is easy to get it (I mean if there is a lot of paperwork, procedures, preparation before putting it, time required before they give it to you, ...)
Another aspect that seems very interesting is the issue of continuous glucose meters, and especially their interaction with insulin pumps.I see that there are enough models and different opinions.Although I discard this, it is economically impossible to me at this time (since MGC does not subsidize social security).But I think this is the future (not far) for diabetics.
I have read enough about this forum and I always learn something new every time I read it.You never know everything about diabetes.I hope we can help each other (something with my experience).

Greetings and apologies for all the roll that I have released.

Bencene's profile photo
Bencene
10/14/2017 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1980
Novorapid 5-8-6 ; Tresiba 10
Última HbA1c: 6.3

With that glycosilada so good, I don't know if they will put the bomb, but you can change Lantus for Toujeo, which is more flat and lasts more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/14/2017 10:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

bencene said:
Hello, I am new in the forum, although not in the world of diabetes.I am diabetic since 1980 and currently my treatment is with Lantus and Novorapid.I am thinking (for the moment I am valuing and informing me) in putting an insulin bomb since I have hypoglycemia (they have a totally unnoticed for me and realize who is next to me).In spite of this, my HBA1 are good according to my endocrine (the last one has been 6.3 and the previous 5.9).I have not yet talked to my endocrine about the insulin bomb or if it suits me and I can be a candidate to put it.As I said before, I am collecting information (features bombs, brands, requirements, ...).I would also like to know if it is easy to get it (I mean if there is a lot of paperwork, procedures, preparation before putting it, time required before they give it to you, ...)
Another aspect that seems very interesting is the issue of continuous glucose meters, and especially their interaction with insulin pumps.I see that there are enough models and different opinions.Although I discard this, it is economically impossible to me at this time (since MGC does not subsidize social security).But I think this is the future (not far) for diabetics.
I have read enough about this forum and I always learn something new every time I read it.You never know everything about diabetes.I hope we can help each other (something with my experience).

Greetings and apologies for all the roll that I have released.

Regarding the bomb depending on your CCAA and your doctor will make you easier or more difficult, there are communities that put them without any problem and others where you have to sweat to get one.
And the MCG in some CCAA are also subsidized.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/14/2017 12:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much for your answers.As for the toujeo, that had not valued it, but I think that even with that change my problem would continue to be the same, that I do not find out about hypoglycemia (that's why I am looking at insulin bombs since apparently they reduce greatly thehypoglycemia).

As for my CCAA, I am from A Coruña (my endocrine is in the university hospital complex to Coruña) and I do not know if here it is one of the places where they put them without problems or on the contrary it is one of the places where you have to sweat so thatgive it to me.What I was completely ignored is that there were CCAA where the MCG (thanks for that information) were subsidized (thanks for that information)

Anyway and as I have already commented, I am still collecting all the information I can and valuing the situation.

Bencene's profile photo
Bencene
10/14/2017 4:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1980

If you have asymptomatic hypos, it is already a point for the pump.But they say that sensitivity is recovering reducing hypos.If you see the pump test with toujeo.
The dexcom meter can help you a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/14/2017 6:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Due to asymptomatic hypoglycemia, so I had thought about the option of insulin boma (we will see what my endocrine tells me).And if hypos are reduced, I hope to recover the sensitivity to them and realize when they happen to me.But there is also the toujeo option (I am looking for information about that also since you have told me).When I have to go to the endocrine I will have enough questions to ask him (insulin bombs, toujeo, sensitivity and decrease in hypos).
We will see what answers all my issues.
As for the continuous meter (Dexcom, Freestyle, ...) it seems to me a magnificent option, although I find the problem of its cost.Both initial expenditure and maintenance is something impossible for me (due to my current economic situation).Although you are right and it would be something that can help me a lot.

Bencene's profile photo
Bencene
10/15/2017 10:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1980

@ "Bencene" I understand that if you have hypoglycemia, you do not have the lantus very well adjusted for the type of life and food you carry, talk to your endocrin@ and adjust it well to try to avoid them as much as possible because if you haveMany hypos is that something fails and if they are asymptomatic much worse.- I also recommend Toujeo that is much flatter than Lantus although if you have an endocrin@ that only looks at the numeritory of glycosylated hemoglobin you will have it complicated ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/15/2017 12:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Finally I have touched the appointment with my endocrine and I have told him everything that happened to me.
The Lantus has changed me for Tresiba, and he has told me that this insulin is flatter and that I will not have the hypos I had, in addition to that it lasted more than the lantus (time will tell if this works for me or not).
As for the bomb, he told me that in principle there was no problem not putting it and that after Christmas he would start with the preparation course to put it.
We will see how everything goes and I will continue to tell you my experiences.

Bencene's profile photo
Bencene
12/31/2017 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1980

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.