{'en': 'Hypoband - Hypoglycemia detector', 'es': 'Hypoband - detector de hipoglucemias'} Image

Hypoband - Hypoglycemia detector

RocioLlinares's profile photo   11/11/2016 1:07 p.m.

Does anyone know anything about this ???

Link

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/11/2016 1:07 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares First news for me!, Complete product information below, sincerely, it sounds a bit to "Chinese story" ... it is supposed to detect the hypo by cold sweating and temperature, that is just one of the symptoms, but my hypos are often without sweating ... so I didn't just believe it works well.

Product characteristics

What is Hypoband?

Hypoband is a wearable device that incorporates a double temperature and moisture sensor that allows the user's body temperature to be detected in combination with an increase in cold sweating, one of the main symptoms when hypoglycemia is occurring.

Hypoband consists of a wrist device similar to a clock that the user has to adjust to his arm and that connects by Bluetooth technology with the mobile phone.In this, thanks to an application available for both iOS and Android, the device continuously monitors the body temperature and humidity of the user's body.

In the event that the body temperature descends and the humidity produced by sweating is increased, Hypoband will sound a strong alarm on the mobile phone so that we can arouse ourselves and verify if a decrease in sugar is taking place.In addition, the application allows you to configure up to 3 phone numbers to which the device will call or send an SMS in case the alarm occurs, allowing to issue a useful relief message for people living only, people with strong hypoglycemia that affect themto consciousness or anyone who wishes to alert a third person of the potential danger.

Have you ever had the doubt if you have administered your insulin dose?With Timesulin for your flexpen®, your pen will become intelligent and will show you how long it has elapsed since your last shot, helping you prevent you from mistakeing your dose or not applying the required insulin dose, and all regardless of what your dose isand without introducing changes in the insulin pen you already use every day.

Hypoband 1.1 application

The Hypoband device needs a mobile phone with Bluetooth for its operation since the alarms, calls and SMS are managed through this device and not through the wrist sensor.There is free Hypoband application available both in Apple Store and Google Play.Currently, Hypoband is compatible with the following dispositions:

Android version 4.4.4 or higher
iphone 4s or higher (iOS 8.0 or higher)
iPad 3 or higher (iOS 8.0 or higher)
iPad Mini (iOS 8.0 or higher)
Statistics

The Hypoband application connects to a cloud server and transfers the data immediately (day, time, temperature and relative humidity).All that information is accessible from the Internet so you can review your data, see your statistics and share it with relatives or health personnel.

FAQ: Frequently asked questions

1. How does Hypoband work?
Hypoband is paired with a smartphone using Bluetooth 4.0 technology.When it detects cold sweating and predetermined levels are reached, the phone will issue an alarm signal and if numbers have been programmed 3 calls or send 3 SMS to the marked numbers for alert.

2. Does Hypoband vibrates or sounds during a cold sweating episode?
No, the alert occurs on the mobile phone connected by Bluetooth.
The wrist device will change the color of the LED from Azul to Magenta

3. Does Hypoband detect glucose levels?
No, Hypoband measures and detects the levels of sweating and body temperature.

4. Do you need Hypobandbe within the range of the mobile phone?
Yes, always make sure Hypoband is paired with his phone and that both are in a 10m ram.

5. How much do you have to load Hypoband?
After each load the battery will last in normal conditions 72h, this is several nights.The red LED on the device indicates low battery.

6. What happens if the panic button (red button) is pressed in the device?
By pressing the panic button, the 3 calls or the sending of 3 SMS to the indicated phones are automatically made.

7. When the alert calls are related, do the phone emit any sound?
No, the phone will broadcast the calls silently.
The device LED will put on a magenta color when the alarm jumps.

8. When will the phone sound?
The telephone alarm will sound good when there has been a cold sweating alert or when Hypoband and the mobile phone lose their connection between them.In this case, the LED indicator will flash in azul color quickly and jump a sound alarm on the phone.
Once the connection is reestablish, the alarm is automatically reset.

9. Does the alarm work even if my phone is in silent mode?
If, both the call and the SMS or the local alarm will function regardless of whether the phone is in silence mode.
The local alarm will not sound on Iphone silenced.

10. Is Hypoband resistant to water?
Hypoband is a moisture sensor that detects sweat, can suffer damage in contact with large amounts of water.

11. What is the usual skin temperature?
The skin temperature will be placed in a range of 32º (with a device of +/- 2º).Any different reading of this can indicate that we do not have the device well adjusted to the wrist.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/11/2016 1:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I don't fit much either, and I just told my husband that I was stressed that the very understood in this, and you were a few, you would not have said anything.But I have also thought that I had not heard.
And Maria happens to you, no sweat, and rather the contrary, feels hot.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/11/2016 1:37 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

These Chinese are trying to copy the Dexcom hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2016 12:08 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.