{'en': 'Bracelet to cover sensor during shower', 'es': 'Brazalete para cubrir sensor durante la ducha'} Image

Bracelet to cover sensor during shower

albertot's profile photo   11/12/2016 10:35 a.m.

Hello, I would like to acquire a bracelet to cover the sensor (Dexcom in this case but it would be the same for free) during the shower so that it does not get wet.I know they can get wet ... but in my case, Dexcom gets a lot of noise for several minutes after wetting it.So, if you can avoid, better.

I have been for Decathlon and I have seen some swim cap that could be trimmed.I've also seen this rave in Diabetika, but I don't know if it's waterproof:

Link

Will it be waterproof?Do you know anything else that can serve?

Thanks

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/12/2016 10:35 a.m.

@Albertot have you proven that the two tabs that grab are well placed?It is not logical to become unstable because of that, something happens there.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2016 4:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yes @jconegar, there are both.It seems that everything is well placed.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/12/2016 7:07 p.m.

@albertoT this is hanging by someone on Facebook, I don't remember that sensor was but I wanted to cover it for a mud race.It is from Decathlon and in theory it is for the head, but I take a picture to get an idea of ​​how it put it on.
I am with @jconegar, it is rare that it happens to you, but hey if everything is fine, because look to see if this serves you, it is also cheap;)
Link

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/12/2016 7:57 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thanks @gemater.I will take an eye, to see if it is impermeable.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/12/2016 8:17 p.m.

If I shower with hot water and I do not carry Hydrophilm above (Kinesio Tape only) I also badly measure me about 10 or 15 minutes, specifically it measures me as if the glucose was raising me, to the third or fourth measurement already measured againgood.

As I carry it on my back I can't use this solution :(

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/14/2016 3:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mio enters noise and starts putting the crazy one for a few minutes (one in 40 another in 100 etc).It is not always, but I can avoid it, better.

They tell me from Diabetika that the one they have right now is not waterproof, it is lycra.
Link

Does anyone know if Decahtlon is waterproof?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/14/2016 2:46 p.m.

Decathlon's tape is neoprene, then it is made of waterproof material, another thing is adjustment ..

Luismix's profile photo
Luismix
01/08/2017 11:03 a.m.

A question for the dexcom, I have read that it can be wet, but I see that some have problems behind the shower.I intend to take him to the pool to swim, is it unthinkable?I am about to decide to take the step of getting one and I am valuing all aspects.
Thank you.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
01/09/2017 11:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

@piruha can get wet without any problem.The only problem is that water will make the glue last less and you will have to renew the dressing more frequently.I particularly prefer to use a bracelet so that it does not get wet and the glue lasts longer.But this does not mean that the device does not support water.In addition, what I have seen, is that from the 2-3 week of use and if you use Grips type apostites (such as the fisios tape) when getting wet, these grips retain the water quite a lot and if I have seen that the sensor isNoise enters and gives bad values, until it dries.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/09/2017 1:36 p.m.

I got a strip of elastate and velcro

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/09/2017 3:54 p.m.

piruha said:
a question for the dexcom, I have read that it can be wet, but I see that some have problems after the shower.I intend to take him to the pool to swim, is it unthinkable?I am about to decide to take the step of getting one and I am valuing all aspects.
Thank you.

After the shower is the problem of the questions if it is not well fitted but that is not the problem of the Dexcom but that it is not well placed.It carries two eyelashes that sometimes does not prescribe well and is released, does not fall and read, but if they are not both well hooked because this happens but to see both in the shower and beach.It is very important that these two pieces are embedded.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/09/2017 6:28 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

What I use is the padded with fine rubber and on top of that I wear an impermeable tape.What happens if you leave it a lot hangs a lot about the skin, but it is waterproof.
I was thinking of trying to put it in the forearm area and there to look for some waterproof bracelet, but I don't know if the dexcom is functioning.

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo
Ágora Suárez Sánchez
01/09/2017 11:56 p.m.

I was thinking of swimming with Dexcom to the pool, in plan 45 'or so.From what I have understood, if the two eyelashes are well hooked, there would be no problem, right?Or is it better to remove it and then put it again?

piruha's profile photo
piruha
01/10/2017 3:52 p.m.

Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

In my particular experience, from the 2-3 week there is noise in the sensor until the grip with which it is dry.They are a few minutes until good values ​​give again.Even if the transmitter being perfectly placed with the two tight tabs.The system cannot be put and remove.Once the sensor is inserted, if you remove it, it is already to throw it.

Proof.If you do well perfect.But you put on a bracelet.Always with the idea of ​​lengthening the sensor as much as possible (20-30 days).I insist the sensor is water resistant is guaranteed a week.The problem can come when it has been 20 days, you have put a couple of apostites to endure it and get wet.In my case, I don't know the rest

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/10/2017 4:53 p.m.

Thank you so much!

piruha's profile photo
piruha
01/10/2017 5:20 p.m.

Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

piruha said:
I was thinking of swimming with the Dexcom to the pool, in plan 45 'or so.From what I have understood, if the two eyelashes are well hooked, there would be no problem, right?Or is it better to remove it and then put it again?

Do you mean the emitter or sensor?Because I think there is confusion.You can take it out whenever you want, but possibly when you put it on, have questioning for a while, or maybe the first two calibrations are not good.
I imagine that you mean the emitter because if you have taken away a sensor, you will see that it is impossible to put it again, that little thread that we introduce ourselves is impossible for you to enter without a guide, and there is no way to do that once removed.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2017 12:59 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.