Hypoglycemia

eloy's profile photo   10/19/2017 3:14 p.m.

Hello, I am type 2 diabetic since 2000. I follow a treatment based on Amaril (1mg) and Janumet (50/1000).Road 2.5 hours daily and maintain strict control of the diet.Mui 1ac is 5.7.Until a month ago, my blood glucose readings were: 70-80 on an empty stomach and 75-85 two hours after meals.Everything seemed very good.However, violent falls began at the glucose levels that became between 32 and 45, all during the night.My doctor recommends myself to stop the Listaryl (a daily pill) and continue with Janumet (a pill with breakfast and another with dinner).A few days later, my values ​​were fasting 87-95 and after meals 120-140.The doctor does not give him much importance and told me that having stopped taking amaryl was the best option because the other will be increasing carbohydrate intake which would mean a weight gain -my weight is 85 kgrs.
I would like to know their opinions a lot.Thank you very much

eloy's profile photo
eloy
10/19/2017 3:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is clear that the first thing is to avoid the dowers, especially if they are night and of values ​​so low so I think what the doctor has done is fine.A downturn of those sleeping can leave you in a coma if you don't know.Between 120 - 140 after meals is quite good although it is not ideal that a non -diabetic would have.If you still want to improve them even more maybe you can change something in the diet.There are hydrates that rise much faster than others and for your case it would be better to rise as slowly.You can also combine them with healthy protein and fats so that absorption is even slower.

I tell you the things that I think can help you:

- If you eat things with white flour you can change them by the integral version and the same rice, in addition to slowing the glucose they have more nutrients.
- Better milk and yogurts that with fat are slower.
- The legumes are of the slows that are most absorbed and of those that have the most nutrients, so it is better to eat more legume and less bread, rice, pasta or potatoes.
- You can put vegetables in all meals, which has a lot of fiber and also slows the absorption of hydrates as well as being very healthy.
- The fruit chooses small pieces so as not to take a long time because although it is healthy it has enough sugar and it is better to eat it in small portions.And always whole fruit, no juices (you remove all the fiber and most nutrients and you take much more than if you eat it whole).It is also a good time to eat it before walking.
- You can also lower the amount of hydrates you eat at each meal.
- And if your schedules allow it, you can divide the shorter 3 walk and make them just after meals.

Anyway do not worry much because even after the change you have good controls.It is always good to try to improve it but do not obsess.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/19/2017 4:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you for the contributions

eloy's profile photo
eloy
10/19/2017 4:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.