{'en': 'School problem', 'es': 'Problema en el colegio'} Image

School problem

Jose Vicente Serrano Jimenez's profile photo   11/25/2016 5:53 p.m.

Hello all boys and girls I am new in the forum I put you on a situation.

I am a diabetic of 30 years ago and three weeks ago they diagnosed type 1 diabetes to my 8 -year -old son.

The truth was surprised with the Valentia and how good that I took it from echo some other habit that I had thanks to him I corrected it

I have the problem at school and ask for advice and help.

It turns out that the director of the school and professor of the child is of a language and always has class with him when it is two hours after having finished breakfast.

The teacher does not let him perform his test in class in front of his classmates because he says he revolutionizes the class and makes him out to perform the test.

I told him that he must make her in front of her classmates and I think that when she leaves it is discriminated to I accept all types of comments.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jose Vicente Serrano Jimenez's profile photo
Jose Vicente Serrano Jimenez
11/25/2016 5:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First welcome and a lot of encouragement !!!
My daughter debuted in June last year, when she started the course I asked for a meeting with all the teachers, I have done this course again to refresh their memory.There I explained everything they should know and how they should act, it is not the same as in your son, because my daughter is now 14 years old.I gave everything in writing and especially to the physical education teacher.I think that if you have not done it yet, you should ask for a meeting with the director and with his professors.
Under no circumstances should the child go out of class, think what can happen if at that time it is with hip.Just as they can prevent you from taking anything to trace or puncture insulin.
Tell that teacher, that if every time the child comes out of class, that is going to revolutionize the class, because in the end, his companions will see usual that the child will do the controls, and over time they will not even realizethat he does.Talk to the teacher, if he ignores you, he speaks with direction and if not to inspection, as you say that is discrimination.Find out how the issue is in your community, and if you belong to a sure association that can help you on the subject.
But as I have told you, first he talks to his teachers, not only with the one that coincides at control schedule, because the child will find hiccups or hyper in any kind.They should also know how to act before a hypo, and know the glucagon, and especially the protocol of action in a serious situation.
In case it helps you, in my daughter's school they have even a glycometer and reserve puncture, glucose in all classrooms and their physical education teacher also carries.
Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky that I have had with my daughter's school, but you must get where it is necessary for your little to make a life as normal as possible.
Anything do not hesitate to ask.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/25/2016 6:44 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

If I already spoken with their tutor and all the teachers the glucagon also have it in the school and the meter wears.With his tutor there is no problem because he leaves him control in class the problem with the director who also has classes and they are the majority of the days with him and does not leave him make it.
I told him that it is not my son's problem that the rest of the classmates are distracted and it is more and as an example the child who does not attend to class or ignores him is the teacher who has to put means so thatDo not revolutionize the class and its answer has been that the rules are put and that in its class it will not be done for the moment until the child is normal

11/25/2016 6:56 p.m.

Until the child is normal?
The child will have to normalize it, the classmates, and the teacher, who seems to be the only one who does not normalize it.

Ask him if he knows the meaning of the two main pillars of collective values, which at that age should be teaching them.

Solidarity: It is the union and cooperation of individuals that make up a group or a society.
Tolerance: It means acceptance and respect for the differences of human beings.

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
11/25/2016 9:05 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

I think the problem is that her class is another diabetic girl and her mother goes every day to perform the test and I have taken my son very very well and knows how to perform her controls and I do not want to prevent her from continuing theonly make them because the little solo has to be self -sufficient and with the practice he continues to learn
But the director does not want to see it like this and told me that where that rule is written that the child has to perform the test within class
And I answered that it is not a norm in itself but that the disease requires it
I will move with a lot of caution both in the AMPA and the City Council and education and I hope that this conflict does not get his self -esteem annoying because the truth is that the disease has taken it very well very well

11/25/2016 10:09 p.m.

He has a writing signed by your doctor where he says that the child has to be allowed controls at any time and place, and eat when he needs it.With a doctor's signature it is enough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2016 10:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And if what had to do is take a cough, would you also have to take it out?It makes no sense, right?Well this is the same.
When I was in the institute already doing C.O.U.I was hurry to eat when I was in class, I was eating Trocitos El Sanwich, until 2 girls began to take a tupper with lentils, rice, fillets, what played that day because they were at the Dance Conservatory and had to eat2 hours before the trials and of course I did not give them time and at 12:30 they are already eating with all their peace of mind so me too, nobody ever told them anything.
It is normal that people try to facilitate things not to complicate them more than they are.
That uncle is an idiot and I didn't want to be bad XO had to play a little about this to see if he spared

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/25/2016 11:35 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, if he is the same director, he looks for the protocol to follow in schools and go to inspection.He may put the rules but cannot always be within the legality.In my family we have a few teachers and each one exercises in a different school, one day talking about the subject of getting a student out of class for any reason, they told me that the law does not allow it, it is totally prohibited, despiteThey do it for bad behavior, but they can't.The issue is that in each community they act in a different way.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/26/2016 4:29 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It is in a town in Cordoba
On Monday I will meet with the City Council of Education to see how I can solve it I will inform you, thank you very much

11/26/2016 4:33 p.m.

What @regina and @rociollinares tell you, it seems the most successful.I believe that this is not the work of the Councilor for Education: it is a political, non -educational position, without competences to tell a teacher what he should do.
I would try things in three steps, from a peaceful performance: the medical report, indispensable.And talk to the director and his tutor.Since it is the director's obligation to assume those information and transmit them to the rest of the teaching staff, and also in this case it is the one that generates problems, I would look for an ally mediator in the tutor.
If that mediation is not, talk with inspection.
And from calm and without arguing in front of the child, because when we get angry, they roll much worse.
Surely you solve it :)

imara's profile photo
imara
11/26/2016 6:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.